Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mark Phillips
    Mark Phillips
    Participant

On my local machine I perform the following:
    exiftool -‘SupplementalCategories’=’Beauty’ -Category=’Beauty’ Home-01.jpg -m
    reports 1 image files updated

I verify with: exiftool Home-01.jpg | grep Beauty which returns:
    Category : Beauty
    Supplemental Categories : Beauty

Then upload to the server, which happily accepts but when it shows up in All products it doesn’t reflect and is sorted in the default category. What am I doing wrong?

Mark Phillips
    Participant

The problem with using a GUI tool is that I have about 30,000 images to sort into 10 categories so I need to do it via script in bash or whatever. exiftool is pretty solid, no?

Mark Phillips
    Participant

The image with metadata which refuses to categorize.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

I’ve added the category to this file – please try using this and seeing if the category populates:

https://ibb.co/PwkLTBx

If that works, reverse engineer the RAW data so you can add the right field syntax via exiftool

Mark Phillips
    Participant

Super thanks for taking the time to do that. So I downloaded the file and even this file doesn’t upload with the category, it operates the same. Which sucks and which also makes me feel less stupid because something must be going on.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Mark – I tested by uploading this on my end, and it did in fact add the Beauty category to the upload. So this means there is something going on with the way your server is reading the metadata, or you are using the wrong version of WooCommerce. I’m guessing it’s the former. Have you run the system testing wizard on the Symbiostock Settings page to confirm that your system is reading metadata correctly?

You can also try to force the simple metadata reading option in your settings to see if that makes it work as well.

Mark Phillips
    Participant

Yeah you are right, I can only read metadata not write. But your message only talks about the need to read metadata, I guess the writing may be a problem for content delivery. Anyway….
    I’m totally not using the wrong version of anything, I went to extensive trouble to keep everything to your specification. But I am running everything in a docker container and containers and shared volumes have permission contentions sometimes and I think it maybe related to that. Thanks for looking into it on your end.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.