Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lusoimages
    Lusoimages
    Participant

Hi,

Does anyone knows where should I put the image title on Bridge so that when the photo is uploaded it already has this field filled?

I’m at the painful task of uploading images and either I have a blank Title, or worse it’s filled wit something like “Stock Photos – Jose Elias / Sofia Pereira bla, bla, bla

If blank it’s not that completely bad, having the field automatically filled with irrelevant texts creates an enormous amount of work to correct and Iwouldn’t have to correct almost 10.000 photos.

I’ve tried putting the caption of the image in some of the IPTC fields but couldn’t find what is the correct one.

Does anyone knows?

Thanks!
    Jose Elias

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I use Photoshop, but I just checked Bridge and the names for the fields are the same – Title and Description (shorter in the title; more detailed in the description)

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

The field gets automatically filled with “Stock photos etc etc” when it is empty. Add it to the same place you would when uploading to anywhere else – I do not use bridge but do use PS and LR and put it in the Document Title box

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of Lusoimages
    Lusoimages
    Participant

@jsnover wrote:

I use Photoshop, but I just checked Bridge and the names for the fields are the same – Title and Description (shorter in the title; more detailed in the description)

Thanks Jo Ann. It worked!

The strange thing is that I had done that before I’ve asked on a previous batch but it didn’t work… I must have messed things somewhere in the process and the titles haven’t been saved or something…

Thanks again.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

there are some strange ways that wp/sym reads iptc

there are both xmp & iptc fields for caption and headline, and various microstock agencies have the same confusion in reading from different fields. I make sure both headline & caption are filled in iptc, then copy that info to the equivalent xmp (I use exiftool gui)

it’s a known bug that also shows up in generating multiple descriptions when images are processed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.