Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VectorEdit
    VectorEdit
    Participant

I am having real problems with the preview images generated by Symbiostock since we changed the watermark. When we originally uploaded the EPS files, the JPEG previews looked terrific, but now many of them are just black and white and only show parts of the original illustration without any colour and they don’t represent the actual image that users can buy and download. Here’s a simple example – https://vectoredit.com/latest-vector-illustrations/characters/snowman_001/. The full size JPEG that the user purchases is correct though.

Correct image of illustration

I’ve tried regenerating thumbnails in many different ways using guidance found in the support forums, but the original EPS file doesn’t seem to get re-parsed and the thumbnails remain incorrect.

Is there a way to delete all thumbnails and force the render engine to re-render the entire catalogue?
    Many thanks.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

We have found that differing versions of imagick behave differently with vectors. You can ask your host to change the version to see if that works.

You can force Symbiostock to regenerate all thumbnails by changing the watermark percentage.

Profile photo of VectorEdit
    VectorEdit
    Participant

OK – should it be the latest version or an older one? Cant see what version it is at the moment but there is a green tick next to it in the ‘System’ summary.

I did try changing the % watermark but that didn’t do anything unless the images are being re-created in the background? We have over 1200 original illustrations on the site.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Yes they are being regenerated sequencially by the processor. The version varies but a newer version is a good bet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.