Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Currently, due to the fact that the Symzio network is getting pretty large, queries that do not have keywords and just deliver random images from the network are currently running a little slow. We are working on this.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Done with tweaking it for now.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I haven’t really understood the purpose of the Symzio widget yet. It looks to me like a few random images from Symzio contributors are being displayed. Is there anything more to it?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

It only displays random images when it is not on a search or product page – otherwise it shows relevant images. So the purpose of it is to let your visitors see other people’s images, and vice versa, to keep every visitor within independent sites as long as possible.

Regardless, this is the first stage of it. I am now looking to fast track the Symzio agency/search engine to provide direct sales to customers on behalf of independents.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

OK, got it.

Still a couple of notes though.

1. If you offer niche images, maybe of your own hometown, then the Symzio widget will display your own images (probably because nobody else on Symzio has any images of your hometown). That beats the purpose IMO.

2. It mostly seems be a one-way-service. The site owners of the Symzio images I clicked on my product pages obviously don’t return the favor of implementing this networking tool. In fact I didn’t find a single website that would display a Symzio widget on a product page (where it makes most sense). Not sure that this is very motivating.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

1) This is sort of true, but as the network expands, it won’t be. Especially if your are well keyworded. No matter what your niche, you will end up having some generalized words such as ‘food’ and the widget automatically tries to diversify the number of sites it gets results from. If, however, you only have ‘purplelithuanianpuppy’ as the one title, tag, and description, then yes, it will be hard to find anything else related to it.

2) The widget was only released about a month ago – widgetizing WordPress is, in and of itself, not a simple process because not all themes have widget spots where we would like them. So it takes time to implement it. I think, overall, most long term contributors have been pretty proactive about trying to boost the network.

3) I am now focusing on getting the Symzio agency system going. This will focus the entire project into one site. That way, widget or not, we can still send customers to it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.