Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Videoopp
    Videoopp
    Participant

Hi,

Some questions about becoming a Symzio Contributor

Watermarking – Do I understand correctly that I am not to have my Symbiostock watermarking feature turned on if I am a contributor to Symzio?  How does that work for the images that appear at my own Symbio powered shop? No watermarks there?

Download Links – A customer makes a purchase at Symzio, do I understand correctly that the process is that Symzio sends me a notification of a sale and I then send the customer a manual link to download the media, or is this somehow automated?

Is the policies and pricing, and marketing model of Symzio something that we have to follow on our own Symbiostock powered stores or are we free to do subscription plans at our own sites?

I guess I am just a little fuzzy on if Symbiostock is primarily meant to be a contributing tool for Symzio of if it is being designed to be stand alone software for individual media stores.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Frank

worldviewstock.com

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Good questions –

1) Symbiostock automatically watermarks your images for Symzio on your site once you become a Symzio contributor. You don’t need to do anything.

2) Symzio automatically downloads the original from your Symbiostock site and packages it for the customer with an invoice. You don’t need to do anything.

3) You can do anything you want with your independent site, and price your media as you wish on Symzio. The only arbitrated price is the $1.99 for medium sized images.

4) It is meant to precisely do both. We have some contributors who do not actively run their independent sites and instead just use it as a hosting and maintenance mechanism for their Symzio media. Others use Symzio as a way of syndicating their work.

So, basically, you don’t have to do anything or change anything to become a Symzio contributor. The only extra work you may have to put in is make sure you dont have duplicates, irrelevant keywords, and definitely have all editorial media marked as such, along with model and/or property releases.

Another thing to be aware of is uptime – if your server goes down, your media gets taken off Symzio and will no longer be for sale until your site comes back up. So it’s a much more intimate and shared system than other agencies.

Profile photo of Videoopp
    Videoopp
    Participant

Thanks for those clarifications.

I am not sure I want my images and video clips virtually branded Symzio on my site or am I missing something there?  Do they only show as watermarked Symzio at symzio.com but stay with my watermark at my site?  If you are relying on everyone’s own host to provide thumbs and previews, I am guessing that it is Symzio all the way….   hmmmmm

Also, I now remember my other question.  The requested model releases and property releases are only for those NOT marked Editorial, correct?

worldviewstock.com

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

1) Thumbnails marked Symzio only show up on Symzio – nothing to do with Symzio integration affects the functionality of your independent site. Only the backend does stuff for integration. Video previews do not get marked with Symzio to avoid storing multiple copies of the previews, so on Symzio your watermark will show on the video previews when they play.

2) That’s pretty much up to you – different people have different opinions, but generally it seems if you mark something as editorial you will generally not have releases. And you don’t upload the releases to Symzio or anything – you are simply marking them as having releases so that customers know that you legally have the location or model’s signed release form.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.