Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Valentin Tabirca
    Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

Hi,
    I have purchased and installed Symbiostock video. Everything worked fine, I got to the end of all things video related.
    But I have a problem: after the install and after the upload of 250 videos, the site slowed down. Both the site and the wp dashboard. Not all the time but most of the time.
    I have now on my site 17000+images and 250+ videos.
    The memory is set to 768.
    What can I do?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Valentin,

It is very unlikely the video addition is causing issues, however just in case – can you please go to your settings and go to Front End and disable the Symbiostock improved related search option and see if that fixes it?

Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

Hi Robin,
    You have to trust me on this. GT Metrics is measuring daily 2 of my pages and the speed is down.
    Also a video product page is loading in 6+ seconds.
    A image product page got from around 2-2.5 sec to 4+.
    The home page looks ok.

I can’t find Symbiostock improved related search option on the Front End, only Symbiostock related products.

Profile photo of Hebstreit
    Hebstreit
    Participant

Hi Valentin, I tested your site and it seems to load very fast – doesn’t matter if image or video. I tested with Mac Safari, Firefox and opera – btw. the problem with Mac Safari is that the videos are not playing – the key visual is showing with an X on top. It seems to be a website theme topic?!

Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

Hi Knut,
    Not as fast as it was before, unfortunately. I will check the Safari problem, thank you for noticing.

Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

I deactivated the Symbiostock video plugin and the speed for an image got back to normal – 2-2.5 sec. It is clear now…

Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

Hi Valentin
    Were you able to get Video Symbiostock to work properly?
    I uploaded 2500 videos and every 8 hours the website crashes. Have you found any solution? Thank you

Valentin Tabirca
    Participant

Hi Paolo,
    The Symbiostock Video plugin works perfect for me only the site speed got affected.
    My site crushed when I tried to upload all the videos at once. I stopped the process and then I uploaded in packs of 10-20 videos. No problems after that.
    I imagine 2500 videos takes days to be processed, maybe that is the cause for you. Is the processing done? Can you see all videos in drafts with product image generated?

Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

Hello
    I uploaded the 2550 videos in two steps. The processing was successful in 2-3 days. I then inserted the watermark. After this step, the site started to crash after about 8 hours. What settings do you have on the server? RAM, number of PHP processes, memory allocated to php processes? Strange to date I have not received answers on these important aspects from the technician who manages Symbiostock. I hope I have some clarification to make the plugin work well. Thank you,

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

When Symbiostock is processing videos, it first generates thumbnails, then watermarks them. It works in a way that should not matter how many files you have waiting in queue, but if it works by uploading in smaller batches, then it might be worth giving that a try.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.