Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

I have finally purchased and installed the Symbiostock video plugin.
    After a first Nginx server configuration problem (it required memory tuning) I managed to get the Video plugin to work.
    On Firefox it works perfectly.

I found the following small points to fix:

1- On Chrome you don’t see the commands to start, stop the movie, or to enlarge it.
    It would be useful to be able to see it enlarged even with Chrome. It’s possible?

2- Only a thumbnail is generated even if I set the number 3. Maybe I don’t see them. Where do they appear?

3- The preview movie does not have the watermark embedded.
    The watermark is only seen in the still image. Is this normal? How can I put the watermark on the preview movie?

4- Can the video be sold only in the original resolution? Can’t a 4K movie be converted to HD?

I would probably be interested in purchasing the other plugins:
    – Submitter;
    – Bulk Import;
    – Google licenses
    Can I take advantage of a Premiun promotion by discounting the price already paid for the Video plugin?

Thanks for the attention

Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

One last point: 5 When I reload the movie page with Chrome I don’t see the movie but I only see the still image with the watermark.

You can see a test video on this page:
    https://myvideoimage.com/video-image/dscf8993_112019-mov/

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Paolo,

Thanks for supporting Symbiostock!

1) This functions identically on both Chrome and Firefox:
    https://demo.symbiostock.org/product/scenic-lake-footage-with-mountains-in-the-background/
    I cannot say for sure why you are getting different results.

2) When you edit the product and go to choose the main image, you should see three different images to choose from.

3) As with the above example, the watermark is added to the video – why it isn’t on your end, I cannot say with certainty.

4) Yes – this is because the processing power required to convert and render out high definition videos is too great for hosting environments in most cases, and until that becomes a more realistic option, we have opted to remove that.

5) Yes, you can proceed to purchase the bundle if you wish, and just let me know here and I will go ahead and refund you the cost of the Video plugin.

6) After checking your sample page, it appears the controls may not show because you have auto-loop and auto-start enabled. In this case, the user must right click to enable the controls on the video. I also reloaded the page and see that the video still shows, except you must click play once it reloads. Some of this is desired functionality, and in other cases it is just the way the browser reacts to the video.

Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

Hi Robin

thank you very much for your answers, now almost everything works.

There are only two problems left to correct:

A – The demo video does not embed the watermark. The watermark is seen only in still images. Do you have any indication to give me to solve the problem?

B- I noticed that in your demo page, with the Chrome brouser: https://demo.symbiostock.org/product/scenic-lake-footage-with-mountains-in-the-background/

clicking with the right mouse button I do not see the “View commands” option but I see the button at the top left to start the movie.

On my demo page: https://myvideoimage.com/video-image/dscf0005-mov/

I don’t see the movie start button but if I right click the option “View commands” appears.

I disabled the two video plugin options “Autostart” and Loop “but the problem persists.

Thank you

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Paolo,

1) No idea whatsoever. I suggest trying a different watermark, perhaps testing it on another server or even one from Namecheap or Amazon just for a test to see if it works then at least you know it is unique to your environment.

2) I viewed the console on your website and it appears some CSS and JS files are not being found – it is possible this is causing the issue. Perhaps try fixing that and see if it resolves.

Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

For the watermark I used a * .png file maybe this format is not accepted by the video plugin? I see to deepen. Thank you

Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

Hi Robin
    regarding the problem of watermark in videos I did a test. I made a * .png file with an X in the diagonals. See how the preview video clip is processed:

https://myvideoimage.com/video-image/mvi_9680-mp4/

The preview of the still image is correct, while in the video the X is shifted down.

Tell me your opinion.
    thanks a lot

Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

Hi Robin

in reference to the lack of commands to start the video on Chrome, I removed the errors you reported to me (css and js. The other related to the Divi theme has nothing to do with it).
    I noticed the following error code:

DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for https://vjs.zencdn.net/5.8.8/video.js.map: HTTP error: status code 403, net :: ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

Could this be causing the problem and not showing the video controls?

Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

Hi, I solved the filignana position problem by changing the file size.

There remains the problem of displaying the playback commands not visible in Google Chrome (you need to select them with the right mouse button).
    Could the problem lie with this error?

“DevTools failed to load SourceMap: unable to load content for https://vjs.zencdn.net/5.8.8/video.js.map: HTTP error: 403 status code, net :: ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE”

Any idea about it?

Thanks

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Paolo – good that you solved the watermark issue – let me know if you need further assistance in that regard. Yes, Symbiostock moves it slightly lower as most videos, you don’t want to cover the central content in the preview.

As for the video player in Chrome not working – yes, it is possible this is the issue with the file missing. I am not sure why a .map is added to the end of the file name. That is not in the actual plugin. Can you see why it is altering that file name?

Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

Hi Robin
    I didn’t quite understand what you mean by added .map file name.
    I don’t see any .maps
    Where do you see it?

Sorry, another question:
    After successfully uploading 2500 videos Symbiostock generated the previews.
    Immediately after this operation the site became inaccessible and there was no way to restore it except by reloading the backup image.
    Has this ever happened to you? What can it depend on?
    Thank you

Thank you

Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

Hi Robin
    I keep having server issues (502 Bad Gateway). When I restore the backup, the website starts working again but after a few hours it crashes again. I think it depends on the memory allocated to PHP and the number of PHP processes at the same time. Could you tell me for a total server RAM of 8GB how much to assign to PHP and how many processes to put simultaneously? Thank you very much

Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

Hi Robin,

I am getting several of these server errors producing “error 502” pages:

connect () to unix: /var/php-nginx/15972212415753.sock/socket failed (11: Resource temporarily unavailable) while connecting to upstream, client: 2.238.196.178, server: myvideoimage.com, request: “GET / HTTP / 1.1 “, upstream:” fastcgi: // unix: /var/php-nginx/15972212415753.sock/socket: “, host:” myvideoimage.com ”

I believe they are due to the many processes of Symbiostock Video. How can they be solved?
    Thank you

Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

Hi Robin
    I keep having problems with the Video plugin.
    Every 8-9 hours the site crashes. The only way to restart it is to reboot the computer.
    I have made many attempts including this one:
    https://galaxydata.ru/community/sock-failed-11-resource-temporarily-unavailable-459
    But I didn’t get any visible results.
    Do you have any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Paolo,

“I didn’t quite understand what you mean by added .map file name.”

The error on your site shows this as you quoted:

“DevTools failed to load SourceMap: unable to load content for https://vjs.zencdn.net/5.8.8/video.js.map: HTTP error: 403 status code, net :: ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE”

As you can see the file it is looking for is a video.js.map – there is no such file, and for some reason it is adding a .map extension to the file it should be looking for.

Regarding the site going down every now and then, the only thing I can allocate it to is some server limitation, whether it be hard drive accesses, memory, or CPU, or a combination of them that is preventing the cron job from completing properly. It is really out of the scope of the support we can provide to diagnose individual server environments – I would recommend trying to use a third party hosting service which can be as cheap as $5 a month, such as with Amazon Lightsail, where we have successfully tested video and image processing.

Please understand we simply do not have the resources to diagnose server issues – as your system is able to generate previews but is crashing eventually, it is almost definitely a resources issue.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.