Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dawn
    Dawn
    Keymaster

Symbiostock Vendors is finally here! This much awaited professional plugin allows you to transform your store into a multi-vendor platform. Perfect for businesses that are comprised of multiple artists who want to work together as one entity.

Symbiostock Vendors allows you to set up a single Symbiostock website with multiple sub ‘Symbiostock Contributor’ accounts. There is one central administrative account (basically like the parent account) that is responsible for the overall operation of the site. And just like a normal Symbiostock website, this admin account controls Symbiostock Settings, the website’s appearance, plugins, Woocommerce settings, etc. It is from this administrative account that sub Symbiostock Contributors are created. Whilst simple to use, the system is advanced and scalable so contributor accounts can be added or removed as required.

For full details please read our latest blog article on Symbiostock Vendors >>

Purchase Symbiostock Vendors >>

Technical insight into how to use Symbiostock Vendors can found in this user guide >>

If you have any general questions regarding Symbiostock Vendors, please post them below in this thread.

Profile photo of contrasttv
    contrasttv
    Participant

Great news! I’ve been keeping my fingers crossed for well over a year since I first discovered your plugin that you would develop this so I am very excited.

I saw the note about Symbiostock Vendors not currently supporting the function of separating sales profit accrued between contributor accounts. The wording sounds like you’re planning on supporting this. Any idea how far in the future this might be?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi there – as this is an initial release we are getting all the base infrastructure of this Enterprise level product out there so that vendors can get started using it. As the accruing of sales by user is a WooCommerce based function, it is something that may be possibly satisfied by another third party plugin. However until we find one that does satisfy this need, we are exploring the possibility of adding this to Symbiostock Vendors to fill that gap. There is currently no timeline on this however we do understand this is an important part of the vendor system.

Profile photo of contrasttv
    contrasttv
    Participant

Hi Dawn and Robin,
    Happy New Year to you.
    I was wondering if there was any update on splitting sales by user?
    Understand that there may not be so I wondered if you could run through how the process for doing this manually until a plugin is found/created? Is it possible to export a sales report between two dates which also lists the user as well as the product and revenue?
    Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi contrasttv – the plugin has been updated to include a mechanism whereby you can filter orders by contributor within WooCommerce. This is in addition to WooCommerce’s basic filters that allows you to do so by date, status etc.

The only caveat is it shows the whole order – so if there is a purchase in that order from two different contributors (ie two different products) the total will not reflect only the amount for the user you are filtering it by.

In this case, once filtered, it would be best to manually check each order to calculate the actual value of the items for that specific contributor.

We realize this is currently still arduous and less than ideal, but WooCommerce had expended a great deal of effort to make product authors an insignificant part of the system.

Profile photo of Tony
    Tony
    Participant

Hi Robin,
    I also would like to ask you about separating the accrued sales profit between contributors’ accounts. As far as I understood, it did not work in 2018. Does it work now?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Tony – yes, now vendors is fully compatible with the included WooCommerce Product Vendors (free with your Symbiostock Vendors purchase) so you can use both plugins to fully manage your contributor earnings. You can find out more here:

https://woocommerce.com/products/product-vendors/

Profile photo of Tony
    Tony
    Participant

Robin, I need some supplement to Symbiostock Vendors (maybe for an additional fee). Is it possible to make a subscription function? – so that a client could pay, for example, $99 and thus would be able to download, say, 50 images during a month. Something like an iStock subscription: https://www.istockphoto.com/en/plans-and-pricing
    Of course, each contributor should see only his/her downloaded images. And the customer should see the number of images he/she already downloaded within this subscription and the number of images still available for download.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Tony – the subscription idea is something that actually has nothing to do with Symbiostock as this is a WooCommerce function. Basically, Symbiostock deals with the backend when it comes to delivering and adding media, but the transactional stuff is all WooCommerce. So if you can find a subscription plugin that works with WooCommerce, Symbiostock will work fine. I would recommend looking around for one for WooCommerce specifically.

Profile photo of Tony
    Tony
    Participant

Robin, is there any website already working on Symbiostock Vendors that I could take a look at?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

Symbiostock Vendors works only in the backend – it is seamless in the front end. However, when integrated with WooCommerce Product Vendors (which is included with every purchase of Symbiostock Vendors) you can see some of the backend functionality:

https://woocommerce.com/products/product-vendors/

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

So, in answer to your question, firstly we cannot publicize anyone else’s website, but you can see if anyone pipes in, and secondly, even if they were, it is unlikely you would be able to tell from the front end as it would look like any other store but it would likely have a vendor name attached to the media as the only unique addition.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.