January 15, 2016 at 5:36 am #25468
I’ve tried the submitter plugin today for the first time without success.
3 questions about it.
1. When setting up the agency FTP connection, what’s the syntax for the REMOTE DIRECTORY field? I have this FTP folder that has a blank space in the name like ‘YOUR PHOTOS’. I’ve tried /YOUR PHOTOS/ but that didn’t work.
2. How or where can I see if an image has been successfully submitted already?
3. What happens when the agency field under ‘Submission status to Agencies’ in Product Edit is still checked when I update a product? Will the image get submitted again?
Thanks in advance.January 15, 2016 at 5:49 am #25469
1) If you are uploading into the root directory of whatever server you are connecting to, you don’t need any folder. If you do have a folder, then you enter it without a previous or trailing slash. So, for example, if the ftp server location is: http://ftp.agency.com/uploads you would put http://ftp.agency.com as the server and uploads as the directory. If there’s a space, just putting up loads should work.
2) Once you edit an image, on the left there will be a tab that says Stock Agencies – you just open that and it will have checkboxes that say whether it has been submitted to that agency or not.
3) No – if it is checked, that means it was successfully already uploaded and will not get re-submitted. You can un-check it if you want the system to re-submit it.January 15, 2016 at 9:13 am #25470
No sorry, it’s not working. Not uploading to any FTP directory. I tried with 3 different ones. Waited a couple of hours but none of the FTP destinations received a file.January 15, 2016 at 4:36 pm #25473
Have you checked the boxes for what media types you want sent to each of these different FTP servers?
Have you checked the box that says ‘Submit automatically?’
Have you checked the individual products to see if any of the checkboxes by the names of the different agencies are checked?
Are the items published?January 16, 2016 at 2:43 am #25475
I have to admit I don’t understand the settings needed to make this work. At some point when I was experimenting, it started transmitting all images to one out of five agencies saved. I had to delete all agencies to stop this.
What I want is to select at ‘Media – Edit – Stock Agencies’ on a per image basis to which agency/agencies to submit. I don’t want an automatic upload of all new published images to all agencies.
Could you please provide a sample setting to achieve that?January 16, 2016 at 3:17 am #25476
I should get to writing a guide, but there’s so much work to do.
The way the submitter works is a bit different than what you’re looking to do, although you could do what you’re looking to do.
So, once you add whatever agencies you want to your Symbiostock > Settings, let’s assume you don’t have any media types checked (there are raster, vector and video checkboxes under every agency).
In this case, no matter what you do, nothing will get sent to any of them.
Say you have ‘submit automatically’ unchecked and you then enable ‘raster’ on one of the agencies.
Even now, nothing will get submitted.
If you go to edit one media file and under the stock agencies tab click ‘include in submissions’ and click submit, then the system will now automatically submit that file to the agency you added that has ‘raster’ enabled.
If, after this point, you were to then enable ‘raster’ on another agency, that image would then get automatically sent to that agency too.
Once it is sent, the checkboxes for that agency and that media file will then become checked. So those checkboxes are not there to indicate what agency to send it to – they are there to tell you what agency it has been submitted to.
The entire way this works is primarily so you have a set of agencies, and some of them work for certain media types and some for others, and when you add and publish any new media, it automatically gets submitted to those agencies. It’s not really meant to be manually managed, although as per the explanation above, it can be.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.