Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Samuel Morgan
    Samuel Morgan
    Participant

I have been using symbiostock pro for a year now.

Today i updated symbiostock and woocomerce and now when I upload new images , they are available to download, but the preview/thumbnail shows work. (woocommerce-placeholder.png)

Is this a known issue?

WooCommerce Version
    4.0.1 WooCommerce 4.0.1 is the currently supported version compatible with Symbiostock.

Samuel Morgan
    Participant

When I manually upload through the media browser it shows the product image.

The problem only occurs when I load images onto the ftp folder.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Samuel – if it works via the web upload, it should work via the FTP- they both do the exact same thing, as long as it is Symbiostock Pro you are talking about. The web form simply puts the image in the same FTP folder and waits for the processor to process it. You can confirm this by doing a web upload then checking the FTP folder and it will appear there.

Based on that I really have no idea why there might be an issue – it is possible the FTP protocol you are using is corrupting the file during upload which is causing the issue.

Samuel Morgan
    Participant

Thanks robin for the response, after some testing,

I have noticed some images work and some don’t, if an image works in the FTP protocol it also works in the media upload and vice versa, it is not a corruption issue.

I have only managed to get 1 PNG to be processed.1.3kb
    My jpg’s varying from 1mb – 10mb, RGB, 8-bit don’t work.

I uploaded the PNG twice, the second time it didn’t work. Then 5 mins later it worked

My theory is that it’s connected with the watermark and the thumbnail settings, and the processing power is ‘weak’. Although this doesn’t make sense as the settings haven’t changed in a year.

Shop Catalog Image Size (WxH)
    300 x 300
    Shop Single Image Size (WxH)
    3000 x 3000
    Shop Thumbnail Image Size (WxH)
    200 x 200

Testing a compressed JPG file to 56kb didn’t work
    Testing a compressed PNG file didn’t work.

png ( file that works)
    https://filebin.net/b0cxilmuwbgg4uzm/0e4ce03644fa2b0920daad350254bee4.png?t=83lh59uz
    jpg ( an example of the files i want to work)
    https://filebin.net/o5r6jnttr106uph8/2018_playlist_cover.jpg?t=4nqm3f7j

if JPG works for you, then it must be either my settings/plugins, any advice would be appreciated

This problem has only occurred after updating symbiostock pro and WooCommerce, one solution is to roll back the update, but that seems counter-intuitive.

Thanks
    Sam

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Symbiostock has not altered the memory or processing power it uses as this is quite constant, but we have found that sometimes when upgrading WooCommerce, there have been memory requirements that go up for reasons we can’t quite explain.

Based on what you’ve said, it definitely looks like a server resources/settings issue. I would speak to your hosting provider as the random success of processing is almost always the variability of the hosting resources available at any given time.

Samuel Morgan
    Participant

I agreed, This is why I tested a reduced sized file 56kb, this didn’t work.

So I know it isn’t to do with processing power.

It must be a settings issue, a configuration, maybe some metadata conflict.

I will downgrade WooCommerce and test again.

Samuel Morgan
    Participant

WooCommerce 2.5.5 does not work

Where do I download the old Symbiostock pro Plugin? my download link has expired.

I’m also using BlueHost

Samuel Morgan
    Participant

I have reset themes and debugged plugins

WooCommerce 2.5.5 does not work because I can’t activate it without the downgraded symbiostock,
    same applies to WooCommerce 3.4.4

Samuel Morgan
    Participant

Update :
    doesn’t work:
    3000 x 3000

works:
    900 x 900

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.