Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mike1
    mike1
    Participant

Can’t find any way at all to contact Symbiostock to ask this pre-sales question. I would like to buy Express but need to use it on two separate WordPress sites. I will not buy if I have to pay twice

Does anyone know the answer please or have a contact email for Symbiostock sales?

Note to Symbiostock: I may have missed it but can see no way whatsoever of contacting you, except by paying for a “support” ticket, which I do not need. This is a pre-sales enquiry and there should be a means potential customers can ask a simple question. I have to say that for me personally this is important as a confidence builder when considering a purchase with a new company. and it might be something you could consider?

Thanks

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

Most of our customer support is performed on the forums – so this is the right place to ask your question.

Yes, Symbiostock Express can be used on multiple sites as it is based on the Virtue theme which is GPL. However no other Symbiostock plugins can be used on multiple sites. It is discouraged from doing so to circumvent theme authors from sustaining development, and most organizations are generally compliant with this expectation.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Profile photo of mike1
    mike1
    Participant

Hi Robin,

Many thanks for that. Forgive me for being a bit thick, but I’m not entirely familiar with the concept (and WordPress is very new to me) – does that mean that although the “paid for” Express theme can be used on two or more sites the actual Symbiostock Pro that is needed to make it work could not, or am I misunderstanding?

Mike

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

Yes that is correct – Symbiostock Pro is not GPL and therefore when you download a version it can only be used on one site. But as it is free, you can order another one and you will get another license to use on a second site without cost.

The GPL is a license that many open-source software use. Symbiostock Pro and all the other plugins we have are not GPL. Symbiostock Express is.

WordPress is also GPL and some plugins for it are and some are not. Some developers are not clear about these distinctions to discourage users from pirating their software.

Profile photo of mike1
    mike1
    Participant

Thanks Robin – I had figured that out and also spoke to Songquan of Best City Scape who said he thought that was so. You probably realise I have gone ahead (other post about slideshow)

Profile photo of mike1
    mike1
    Participant

Hi Robin,

Can you help me out please – I have just suffered a major issue on my laptop and had to do an image restore back to 8th November from 21st November. All is now up and running but I have lost everything I didn’t think to save separately between those dates. Symbiostock Express was a download ordered 15th November (Order #31628), it didn’t occur to me to save it and has gone.

On “Orders” in my account I find I have reached my download limit of 1, cannot install the theme on the second site I mentioned above and therefore can’t begin work on it, This is fairly urgent please so would be grateful if you could reset it on the account so I can download again?

Thanks – Mike

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.