Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Great to see you back, Leo.

My site is still working fine, and I get visitors, but it is a good few months since I last got a sale unfortunately. I’m very interested in the new theme when it is available – I certainly haven’t given up on trying to maintain and sell images from my own site.

Steve

http://www.BackyardStockPhotos.com

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Hello everyone!

I’m surprised to see so many people checking in.

@lucato – yes, there is a new version well in the making. Its superior to this one by far. But this one has been slow and steady in the making.

It doesn’t sound like your site is working. Have you tried it as a customer?

Overall it sounds like mixed results for everyone. Over some time hopefully I can clean up some loose ends. Glad to see everyone.

Profile photo of marthamarks
    marthamarks
    Participant

I’m still here too, continuing to add images to my site as time allows. Very happy with the showcase it provides me, despite lack of sales.

Glad to “see” you again, Leo. I hope you and your family are doing well this holiday season!

Profile photo of peresanz
    peresanz
    Participant

Still here too, but I stopped uploading images last July. Anecdotally I had my first sale last week just when I decided not to renew my one-year Bluehost subscription -that ends the current month- and throw in the towel. Now I don’t know what to do because honestly I consider this recent sale an incident, a miracle, given the number of visits and impressions I get through google searches, so chances are that I give up 🙁

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

That was my stance since 6 months after starting this. Its up to you of course. I certainly do not blame you. As the revisions are made and things are cleaned up, it might be worth it again for those like you – best to let time and results decide. Glad to see you back in the forums though.

Profile photo of ajt
    ajt
    Participant

Great news!
    I’m around too 🙂

Profile photo of THPStock
    THPStock
    Participant

It’s alive! Great to see things up and running again.

My site is still ticking along, few sales occasionally, perhaps just enough to justify it running.

Good idea with Themeforest Leo, I think that will be a good solution for all.

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Glad to see you all!

Hi THP

I’m not sure if I mentioned it, but the themeforest *theme* will be free to anyone who has been involved up until now. Symbiostock functionality is being separated into it’s own plugin (which will remain free) and now you’ll be able to run Symbiostock through other themes as well. I’m hoping the joy this brings to everyone makes up for the trouble we had mid-way through the previous project.

marthamarks
    Participant

So, Leo, not sure I understand correctly what you just wrote.

From now on, will we be able to pick any WP theme we like, from any source, and run SYS as a plugin on it?

Or… will the SYS plugin only work with WP themes available through ThemeForest?

When you get a chance, please clarify. Thanks!

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Hi Martha,

Yes, you got it right. Symbiostock will work with other themes. Of course not all themes will look equal 😕 but at least it will allow people more self-expression and a better feature set.

I’m making a theme (for sale, but free to you guys) that will be optimal for Symbio plugin, but it should work with most themes plus it will look really good.

marthamarks
    Participant

Thanks for that clarification, Leo. Your new approach sounds good!

I’m still very happy with the look of my site and have no desire to change it. But knowing there’s flexibility down the line is reassuring.

This seems like a fine way to move forward. I’m sure most of us old-time SYSers are glad to see it and eager to welcome newcomers into our network.

Profile photo of LesPalenik
    LesPalenik
    Participant

Glad to see you all again.
    Leo, as to the upcoming new version, I would assume that there will be a automatic migration tool, so we can keep adding images to our existing sites and when the new program is ready, we can do the automatic conversion.
    Or will the old data be compatible with the new program?

Les

Profile photo of rolfo
    rolfo
    Participant

The idea of a Symbio-plugin for normai WP-Themes is genius. I’m happy with my Symbiosites but can see me use this plug-in for my portfoliopage http://www.rolfo.de this site is using the Kingsize-theme from Themeforest btw.
    I also can see many photographers whith existing WP-sites using the Plug-in

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I’m hoping that everyone just loves this new version, like really really love it 8) I’m putting a lot of effort into this.

LesPalenik – yes, a converter will be either included or installable. The converter itself will be carefully crafted so not a single thing is lost.

Allowing people to use different themes will give them the freedom to choose things like photographer / portfolio focused themes, and instead of me trying to become a rockstar or fashion designer, I can focus on functionality itself which is my main strongpoint.

Profile photo of THPStock
    THPStock
    Participant

Sounds like a good approach Leo. Really looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Do you have an Envato account already? If so, let us know so we can follow you on themeforest. 🙂

Could I make one suggestion – there are some themes on TF that are simply HUGE with customers, getting 1,000 downloads a week or so. For instance, Avada & Enfold. It might be worth the time making sure that the Symbio plugin is fully compatible with these major themes (say, the Top 5 all-time TF themes) as this will mean that a massive percentage of potential users will have a smooth experience from day 1.

Just a thought.

Anyway, really glad that Symbio has more life left in it again. 🙂

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.