Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Roman Smirnov
    Roman Smirnov
    Participant

Hi, there!
    Before asking my question I read the plugin description but only one thing was not that clear for me.
    Does Symbiostock Anytype plugin form a zip archive with selected images?
    …or do I need to prepare a zip archive (with images I want to be in a bundle) before, and just then upload it to Symbiostock?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Roman – sorry for the delay in responding. AnyType does not zip anything up, and you must bundle the zip files yourself. In that respect, you can serve any file, not just ZIP files. You can even have a RAW license that works with AnyType. It does require a bit of manual work for each AnyType product, but the instructions are clear and allows you to really have a more customized offering than even the big agencies provide.

Roman Smirnov
    Participant

Thank you for your answer!
    (Of course, before asking I have read the plugin documentation)

But, it seems like there is no big difference if I sell my bundles, not like Symbiostock products but like standard woo-commerce products as I do it now. To understand what I’m exactly talking about, please, see the example:
    https://www.travellaggio.com/set/13404

It takes time to prepare a zip archive, include jpg files, license files, and so on… And my hope was that I could manually just select files among the Symbiostock products and then, the plugin makes the other job. So, I was thinking that “Anytype” plugin forms a zip archive with files on my select. Please, let me know if I’m wrong.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Roman – this is true, but there are a few really big benefits of AnyType:

1) AnyType products are served as licenses, so they can be provided within the same products that have individual image licenses attached to them. So for example, you could have small, large, extra large, and RAW, and even a ZIP file that contains different versions of the same image so the customer can get a “set” for that one image. Using the built in WooCommerce system, you would need an entirely separate product, and so, if you wanted to sell a RAW or ZIP file that corresponded to any of your Symbiostock images, you would need to create a duplicate for each one.

2) AnyType products automatically show up if the file exists, and the license does not show up if they don’t. This removes the need to manually create a separate product with an image and description each time, and instead all you have to do is upload the file.

So yes, in theory, you could sort of replicate a similar effect, but AnyType makes it much easier to add custom files to your already created Symbiostock products – and that is the main purpose. It is not there to replace the built in system, but to allow you to in essence create non-image products to go along with your image products.

Roman Smirnov
    Participant

Ok, but can I attach multiple files to one download then? I mean, when a customer downloads a product he gets not only one zip but two or more? I would need it in case I want to attach a license text file, or any additional documents or whatever.
    I just try to understand all benefits that I can really use in practice. And I would like to manage my bundled products more easy way.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

You can store multiple files in one zip file, but WooCommerce does not support multiple files per product download.

Roman Smirnov
    Participant

Hi, there!

I just would like to share some information with you ( maybe, it will help to make even better your great products ! ), as I expected, woo-commerce can deliver multiple products in a single item purchase (I have simply added several files to download in woo-commerce simple product tab, and this is it :-). So, what I mean, you can include more than one file in product download, it shows separately but it’s still one product and one email to a client with several files to download.

It could be quite handy. If you keep an image pack in a zip archive and the license file in another one, and if you want to change something in your license text file, you don’t need to repack the archive in order to include a new license file. You just upload it separately to the server and attach it to any woo-commerce product you want.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Roman – yes, that is correct, but as I said previously, if you have images on your website and do not wish to create separate related products, you must use AnyType. This is useful if you want to create a ZIP file or a RAW file that you add as another license on the same image. In essence, AnyType allows you to add non-image files as a licensed product to be sold along with your images.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.