Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Not official at all, just my personal opinion.
    I think people need to understand that no new venture comes without risks. If you’re looking for 100% certainty, you shouldn’t have started with stock photography.

Profile photo of Jan
    Jan
    Participant

Had no idea. Converting my site and images and all of a sudden symbiostock is downgraded. Yeah, upgrade, pay again. Had this before.

What are the plans! Can’t be too hard to answer. A very basic question. If this can’t be answered then it’s not very professional towards potential photographers, illustrators, artists and customers.

A very business like question.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

We have no plans to charge for Symbiostock. The ultimate goal is to make Symzio highly successful, so as Andre said, the more contributors that actively participate in promoting our joint efforts, the more likely it is we will be able to fund all future development through them.

A more responsible question shouldn’t be ‘will you charge for Symbiostock’ – it should be ‘how the hell did you create such a massive, fully functional plugin for free?’

Profile photo of Jan
    Jan
    Participant

We have no plans to charge for Symbiostock. The ultimate goal is to make Symzio highly successful, so as Andre said, the more contributors that actively participate in promoting our joint efforts, the more likely it is we will be able to fund all future development through them. A more responsible question shouldn’t be ‘will you charge for Symbiostock’ – it should be ‘how the hell did you create such a massive, fully functional plugin for free?’

Thank you Robin,
    A very clear answer. For me a reason to carry on with the new Symbiostock!

But ‘how the hell did you create such a massive, fully functional plugin for free?’ 🙂

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

I think everyone involved in Symbiostock, likely including yourself, wants to create a more stable and self-controlled environment that is sustainable. That is the driving force. Not just the profit motive, but the desire to be free to do what you love to do without being dismayed at your reliance on third parties that don’t have your best interests in mind.

But as we’ve said from the beginning, the success and failure of this entire endeavor is mostly dependent on whether contributors step forward and as individuals help push it forward. We can do all the development in the world, but we can never out-market the big boys alone. If contributors actively market each other and the project, we can easily out-pace the big boys.

So it has always been about working together, cohesively.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.