Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AUM
    AUM
    Participant

hi,

two month ago, I buyed the symbiostock theme professional. now, we are finising the development and I have a liltle questions:

1.- I have seen that you moved the symbiostock project to convert a plugin with woocomerce, when it will be available…, we can transform our website origianl symbiostock to the woocommerce implementation? Will be and “automatic process” for this?

2.- In our development, the preview images in the list page images load a litle slower. I have seen more symbiostock pages as this:

http://www.imagoborealis.com/image-type/new-zealand-stock-photo-category-images/

that the preview “onmousehover” action is very quick. I see the code, and seems that it has a plugin named Autoptimize for wordpress, I installed and give a “litle “ more velocity, but not comparable to it.

I have watched the code in the script.js in the ss-professional folder, the get_img_prev function, and the hoverIntent function for try to change the default

// default configuration values

var cfg = {

interval: 100,

sensitivity: 7,

timeout: 0

};

but the only that I obtain is more delay in the preview load.

Can you help me?

thanks in advance,

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Aum

1) It will be semi-automatic. This is in the sense that it will port all your images, their metadata, and most of your tags on them, but it will not import the pricing or categories. That being said, a lot of these things are improved in the new version, so you can edit pricing of all the products at once with the new plugin. If there is anything else you would want automated, let me know, and I can see if I can code it in.

2) If you can point me to your site, I can try to take a look to debug what is causing the delay in the preview. However, keep in mind that debugging these sorts of things may be a moot point if you plan on upgrading to the new Symbiostock, which should be available soon.

Robin

Profile photo of AUM
    AUM
    Participant

hi Robin,

thank you for the asnwer .

this is the web:

http://photopawbook.com.mialias.net/

L: photop501

P: qUi7y9mT

you can try in the http://photopawbook.com.mialias.net/image-type/selectiva-zuera-2015

thanks in advance

Aum

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

I looked through the source code of the page, and it does not look like there is anything wrong. I can’t check to see if there are any Javascript issues because that is too involved of a process – here are some observations and suggestions:

1) A majority of these ‘fade’ events only trigger after the image that you are going to be fading is completely loaded. Therefore, the delay does not appear to be javascript related – somehow, it is taking abnormally long to load the preview images. This is not definite, but is probable.

2) Have you tried viewing it without password protecting your website? Although unlikely, it is possible that the images are somehow being delayed because of the username/password authentication that you have preventing anyone from accessing the website.

3) Strip the page down, even into HTML. View source and copy the entire page into a new test.html document. Then upload it and see if it does the same thing. If so, start removing things such as unnecessary javascript and other parts of the page until you find the problem.

My guess is that somehow, the images are taking too long to load, or aren’t preloading when the page is loaded. Why that is happening, I’m not entirely sure about.

Profile photo of AUM
    AUM
    Participant

Hi Robin,

After a lot of discussion we decided to stop the development and wait for upgrade to the new symbiostock plugin with the integration with woocomerce, that we think that add news functionality, and standardization to the theme.

The only handicap for us is time.

Could you give some more information about when release the plugin?

thanks in advance, and let me say that now you are in the right direction. 🙂

AUM

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey AUM,

I think that’s probably is a good idea, and thank you for the support.

We’re aiming to publicly launch the PLUS service this Friday and release the standalone plugin next week, so it shouldn’t be much longer now.

Robin.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.