Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eduardo Guilhon
    Eduardo Guilhon
    Participant

My client is a photojournalist and has a photo agency, some photos may even have the same value, but the new photos and the photos of the story have a different value, because they are specific events, so I would like to know some information …

1) Can I continue sending everything via FTP and letting the system process and then change the value for each image, or if I need to send it by the “Add Non-Symbiostock Product” option in the admin area?
    2) If I change the license value of these photos, will I have a problem updating the standard license prices?
    3) Do I need to create different licenses for each photo?

In short, what’s the best practice for this kind of situation?

Thank you so much for everything so far, you have been giving great support …

Web and Graphic Development

Eduardo Guilhon
    Participant

Some help?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Eduardo – when you say different value, do you mean each new photo will have different prices? So each photo will have its own associated cost?

Eduardo Guilhon
    Participant

Exactly, you expressed in a few words what I tried to talk … LOL
    For example, he shoots a football championship, and makes the shot of the decisive goal, this is more expensive than the other pictures that show only the players.
    Especially if only he photographed that moment, and over time, her value diminishes, as it has become old news.

Thank you!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Eduardo,

If you are going to operate without standard licenses because each photo has a distinct value that you want to set, you have a few options:

1) Add a keyword filter to your normal licenses called ‘custom’ or something along those lines, and ensure that it is set to exclude that media. Then, when you add an image where you want unique licensing, you add the keyword ‘custom’ to it, create new licenses for it after it is uploaded, then publish. (not recommended)

2) Add a keyword filter to your normal licenses and call it ‘prime1’ or something along those lines and ensure it is set to exclude that media. Then, create another license that is your more expensive license, and add a keyword filter to include ‘prime1’. Do the same for ‘prime2’ and ‘prime3’ and so on. This allows you to create multiple ‘license tiers’ that you can fit different images into, allowing you to set their licensing based on one simple keyword. By doing this, you can globally increase or decrease pricing of these different tiers. Otherwise, you will literally have to go into every individual product and manually change every custom license that you made for that one product, which sounds like a nightmare. The downside of this, is that you now have tiers, which means you will have less ability to set any price to each image, and instead will have to choose the tier it fits into. However, I think this is the better solution. (recommended).

Eduardo Guilhon
    Participant

Good morning Robin, thank you very much for your explanations and for the time you are willing to do this … all my doubts are resolved. Option 2 really was what I was imagining doing … it really is a nightmare, but the customer insists on it, and I will let him suffer a little so that he will understand why I asked them to be single licenses .. .

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.