Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ramzon
    Ramzon
    Participant

Hello!

Just wanted to introduce myself and say thank you for this great theme!

My name is Sebastian and I’m a freelance photographer from Sweden. Since all of you seems to use SYM for stock photography and stuff like that, I’m going to have a slightly different approach. I’m going to use it for my event photography. Because I’m like the only one photographing these kind of events, I believe it’s going to be a succesful extra income for me!

So it will be interesting to see how I can modify SYM for my purpose. I’m going to focus on creating gallerys from each event, and alot of subcategories in tha category. I don’t know how well SYM can handle this amount of pictures, we’re talking maybe 300-4000 images per event. So it’s ALOT!

And another task is to get a Swedish payment API integrated instead of paypal. So I got alot of headscratching in front of me I guess, haha! But I got a good coder by my side so =)

Well, I don’t have anything to show you guys just yet, just wanted you to know that I really appreciate this theme and all the hard work that is behind it =)

I’ll keep you updated during the progress!

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

Hi Ramzon

Welcome to Symbiostock

I have also considered using Symbiostock for Event photography, it is going to be a lot easier when the VAT plug in is available so clients addresses are collected and confirmed for sending prints out to them. If you are going to set this up without the VAT plug in I would strongly recommend that you get your clients to confirm that their Paypal (or whichever payment system you use) addresses are correct as I know from past experience that people do not always keep them up to date

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of Chromaco
    Chromaco
    Participant

I like the initiative. I think there is a lot of potential with this approach. If you are indeed working with your own programmer you might want to discus the possibility of making those additions in the form of a plug-in. If you do it this way you could sell the plug-in and help defray some of your initial start up costs.

Profile photo of Ramzon
    Ramzon
    Participant

I will definitely discuss the plugin idea! I’m going to sell digital downloads in the first hand, but I will also team up with a print company that can handle print orders. And I will also offer that service during the events. Having a booth where people can print images from the event instantly. I think that’s a good way to market yourself and for your clients to meet you in person. Will make them more comfortable to order online if they have met the people behind the company in person. Well, that’s what I hope anyway, haha!

Have anyone tried to change the currency to a value that is not yet supported by SYM?

And I also just bought the Premium version, just to support this awesome theme!

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

@ramzon wrote:

I will definitely discuss the plugin idea! I’m going to sell digital downloads in the first hand, but I will also team up with a print company that can handle print orders. And I will also offer that service during the events. Having a booth where people can print images from the event instantly. I think that’s a good way to market yourself and for your clients to meet you in person. Will make them more comfortable to order online if they have met the people behind the company in person. Well, that’s what I hope anyway, haha!

Have anyone tried to change the currency to a value that is not yet supported by SYM?

And I also just bought the Premium version, just to support this awesome theme!

I’m also very interested in a print option for my site but my coding knowledge isn’t enough to get it done. I was thinking of creating another gallery independently but the best would be a combined integrated approach.

Let us know how you progress because I’m very interested 🙂

Jo

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Awesome to have someone on board to take initiative in this direction.
    Personally, I believe the “print market” is dying, but the idea of selling files from events out of Symbiostock is certainly promising. Even though I already have an “event solution”, I’ll be following your activities with much interest. Welcome aboard!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.