Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ThamKC
    ThamKC
    Participant

Hi guys and girls,

I am new here and intend to set up a site and join all of you in the Symzio network.  Am going round in circles at the moment but have managed to solve most issue with the excellent documentation and sharing in the forum.   I have purchased the Symbiostock Express theme as well.

I would like to ask if anyone uses the SKU count feature for your stock photos? Can make the SKU reference number show in the store?   Is there a feature to automate the SKU count instead of having to input it manually after uploading the photos?  Thanks.

My playground at www.thamkc.com

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Tham,

Can you explain what you mean by ‘SKU Count’? Do you mean the SKU number for each photo?

When you create a new product in Symbiostock/WooCommerce, it gets its own unique product ID, which is what we generally use as its unique identification number. However, if you have an external system that uses a unique SKU identification label and you’d like to synchronize Symbiostock to that, that’s a different story. Currently we do not extract that ID from the exif data automatically, but you can use the built in ‘extra exif’ function in your Symbiostock > Settings page to get that out of your images if it is already embedded.

If you want a unique SKU to be created with each image, that would need to be custom coded. I would suggest just using the product ID itself if you don’t have an external system to sync with.

Profile photo of ThamKC
    ThamKC
    Participant

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the response.   Yes. I meant the SKU number.  It is blank in the Product Data area.   Where can we check the unique product number that Symbiostock/Woocommerse created, please?   Thanks.

Kee Chuan

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Yes, as Chris said – you can also edit a product and the ID will be in the URL.

Profile photo of ThamKC
    ThamKC
    Participant

Thanks guys for the pointers.   Got the ID number and in fact realize that all size variation of the same photo is assigned a unique ID and that will be useful when we want to sort sales statistics (hope it happens..:-)).  Just that it is not shown in the front-end product page within the shop.

Look forward to tighten all loose ends and upload 100 photos for Symzio’s acceptance consideration.

Kee Chuan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.