Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Did you ever get imagemagic working? Let me quote from one of the help files:

Image Processing ImageMagic or GD Library

Some notes on your server’s image processing methods there are a few things that influence your server’s ability to process large images, and large amounts of images.

1. The image processing module: ImageMagic, or inferior choice, GD Library
    2. Memory allowed: Edit wp-config.php file to change performance.
    3. Maximum allowed time a script can run.

Image processing occurs in a few areas in the Symbiostock theme:

1. Process Uploads (Note at top of screen, it will tell you if you are using GD or ImageMagic)
    2. Images Listing / Editing Area (“Bulk Options” dropdown, “Reprocess“)

Symbiostock checks to see if your server is using ImageMagick and if its not, it falls back to GD Library. Its highly advised you configure your server to use ImageMagic if it does not already. It uses less memory and generally produces better results. “Cheap” hosting using GD Library will give you much trouble with frequest script crashes, though will often still give satisfactory results in a good server environment.

If you can’t seem to break out of memory limitations, use BLUEHOST as your hosting company instead. BLUEHOST has the best cost/power ratio and Symbiostock sites do great on it.

The problem your having is tripping up in the GD Library watermarking class. Its a strange problem – and it could be anything – but just as a random shot we could try switching over to imagemagick which is more capable in many areas.

It could be tripping over a strange file too – another thing you can do is select the DELETE ALL FILES option in your image processor. This deletes the entire directory possibly wiping out some strange and confusing rogue/corrupt file that might be hiding (error log, corrupt image…)

Profile photo of dp69_2001
    dp69_2001
    Participant

@leo wrote:

Did you ever get imagemagic working? Let me quote from one of the help files:

Image Processing ImageMagic or GD Library

Some notes on your server’s image processing methods there are a few things that influence your server’s ability to process large images, and large amounts of images.

1. The image processing module: ImageMagic, or inferior choice, GD Library
    2. Memory allowed: Edit wp-config.php file to change performance.
    3. Maximum allowed time a script can run.

Image processing occurs in a few areas in the Symbiostock theme:

1. Process Uploads (Note at top of screen, it will tell you if you are using GD or ImageMagic)
    2. Images Listing / Editing Area (“Bulk Options” dropdown, “Reprocess“)

Symbiostock checks to see if your server is using ImageMagick and if its not, it falls back to GD Library. Its highly advised you configure your server to use ImageMagic if it does not already. It uses less memory and generally produces better results. “Cheap” hosting using GD Library will give you much trouble with frequest script crashes, though will often still give satisfactory results in a good server environment.

If you can’t seem to break out of memory limitations, use BLUEHOST as your hosting company instead. BLUEHOST has the best cost/power ratio and Symbiostock sites do great on it.

The problem your having is tripping up in the GD Library watermarking class. Its a strange problem – and it could be anything – but just as a random shot we could try switching over to imagemagick which is more capable in many areas.

It could be tripping over a strange file too – another thing you can do is select the DELETE ALL FILES option in your image processor. This deletes the entire directory possibly wiping out some strange and confusing rogue/corrupt file that might be hiding (error log, corrupt image…)

Like I said a few pages back. My site was using imagemagick and somehow it reverted to GD Library. I never did get it working. There are no files in my “process images” section, if that’s what you mean.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Sorry I didn’t see that a few pages back.

But that might actually be the problem in itself. You may have to have your host revert it back (hopefully I didn’t miss that), if you cannot do it yourself. Even if there are no visible files, a DELETE ALL can sometimes delete something invasive. I put that feature there as a backup for that situation.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

One more thing – can you check the permissions on that folder?

You have a very deep problem. If you want to create me a cpanel password I can go in and fix it myself. Its not possible for me to fix it on the little I can see here.

dp69_2001
    Participant

@leo wrote:

But that might actually be the problem in itself. You may have to have your host revert it back (hopefully I didn’t miss that), if you cannot do it yourself. Even if there are no visible files, a DELETE ALL can sometimes delete something invasive. I put that feature there as a backup for that situation.

I’m not sure what you mean, Revert back to php5.3? DELETE ALL like, Delete all my files and reupload?

@leo wrote:

You have a very deep problem. If you want to create me a cpanel password I can go in and fix it myself. Its not possible for me to fix it on the little I can see here.

I don’t see anything to click on to add a cpanel user, I could share mine though. Which folder are we talking about? The permissions haven’t seemed to have changed for my symbiostock directory (ftp read and write still works).

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@dp69_2001 wrote:

@leo wrote:

I’m not sure what you mean, Revert back to php5.3? DELETE ALL like, Delete all my files and reupload?

@leo wrote:

I don’t see anything to click on to add a cpanel user, I could share mine though. Which folder are we talking about? The permissions haven’t seemed to have changed for my symbiostock directory (ftp read and write still works).

NO, DO NOT delete all files. 😯 I mean there is an option in your image processor to delete ALL. Run that once just to dust up any thing that could possibly lying around (that your not seeing on the image list) … extremely unlikely but still worth a try

On Bluehost there is a way to create a separate password for developers. (I don’t want yours) … let me see if I can hunt down some directions on how to do that.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I’ve long since deleted the “set up passwords” tutorial (It was with site setup services which I no longer offer) but in cpanel there should be a passwords option — you can set up another password for a developer. That way the person coming in can’t see your personal info.

dp69_2001
    Participant

@leo wrote:

I’ve long since deleted the “set up passwords” tutorial (It was with site setup services which I no longer offer) but in cpanel there should be a passwords option — you can set up another password for a developer. That way the person coming in can’t see your personal info.

I think I sent that with the wrong quote. It took me a while because I had to reset my ftp password again. Grrrr! I always store them in filezilla and dreamweaver, write them down in a notebook, and then lose the notebook and there’s no way to ever find them. lol.

Anyhow, it should be the same as your admin login to my site and even though there are symbiostock folders floating out there in root, the site is actually inside of the folder called stock. I had a test one set up on my blog before I got a domain.

Thank you so much. I don’t know what or where it went wrong. Hopefully, it won’t take up too much of your time.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

I posted about this separately — I just unstalled on a clean site on 1.and.1 with 3.3.2 and wp 3.8.1 – had same image processing problems

just reporting for now — need to try out several things in this thread which just found

===================
    also:

2.Images Listing / Editing Area (“Bulk Options” dropdown, “Reprocess”)
    I don’t see reprocess as an option

dp69_2001
    Participant

@cascoly wrote:

I posted about this separately — I just unstalled on a clean site on 1.and.1 with 3.3.2 and wp 3.8.1 – had same image processing problems

just reporting for now — need to try out several things in this thread which just found

===================
    also:

2.Images Listing / Editing Area (“Bulk Options” dropdown, “Reprocess”)
    I don’t see reprocess as an option

EVERYTHING IS BROKEN!!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.