Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I’ve heard this cute illustration:

1. A hound that sits around all day sleeping, only gets up to eat. A thief could walk in and take off with the TV and he wouldn’t even bark.
    2. A fire alarm that goes off every time you make bacon.

Annoying though it is, at least you know when there is a real fire the alarm will let you know.

Profile photo of Imago Borealis
    Imago Borealis
    Participant

Got point!

While I hate fire alarms setting off every time I fry bacon I am rather being warned once too often than once too less.

And for the records, I still have my Wordfence plugin activated and I still like it 🙂

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

BTW Ron’s problem is solved now. Uploads work again 😀

Profile photo of dp69_2001
    dp69_2001
    Participant

@leo wrote:

I’ll try again.
    @Imago Borealis wrote:

I don’t know. I saw nothing about that wordpress attack except for that Wordfence e-mail. It has been discussed in another thread and consensus was more or less to suspect Wordfence of spamming/scamming.

The generic response from your host is kind of an insult. Why didn’t they inform you about that block being applied?

Don’t they have a phone hotline? – Blu Host has and the couple times I called them my questions/troubles were answered/solved right away by knowledgeable and very effective US staff.

Of course they do, a very knowledgeable and responsive support team. I just hate sitting on the phone for 20 minutes talking to morons while they escalate it to someone who knows something. lol

Imago Borealis
    Participant

@leo wrote:

Great for Ron! – What was the problem?

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Several files got deleted from the server after the Bluehost crash, including my watermark image. And then the processor fails. Leo restored the watermark and its working again.

Bluehost have also been very ignorant in their replies to me so I will be transferring my site to another host in the near future.

Thanks Leo, you are magic.

Imago Borealis
    Participant

I find it somewhat unsettling that a web host would mess with our files on their servers even without any notification. Examples of such incidents are piling 🙁 . I guess a strict backup routine is a must and no luxury.

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

I don’t know if it is actually messing with our files. If they do not do full backups or back-ups are interrupted then when they get a problem they cannot reinstall the full sites. Which reminds me that it is about time I did a full site back up again

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

dp69_2001
    Participant
    Dear Dallas,

Thank you for your reply. Your php.ini settings did not take affect because the file had to be named php5.ini. Also, the coding within the file was not proper, so I did fix it as a courtesy. As such, the PHP limit increased you implemented in it did not take affect. For us to further troubleshoot this issue, please provide us with a test login so we can attempt to upload an image to the site.

Also, as far as ImageMagick on the server, you need to know our ImageMagick "convert path." The convert path to ImageMagick, version 5 on our servers is:
    /usr/bin/

The convert path to ImageMagick, version 6 on our servers is:

/usr/bin/convert

For more information about ImageMagick and how you can use it, visit the ImageMagick website.

Please let us know if we can help you in any other way.

Sincerely,
    Sara P.
    Professional Hosting Support

As we value your feedback about the service you received, please take a moment to complete the short survey linked at the bottom of this email.

I forgot they required php5.ini instead. I’m not sure how to fix the imagemagick path thing. Any ideas?

dp69_2001
    Participant

@dp69_2001 wrote:

Dear Dallas,

Thank you for your reply. Your php.ini settings did not take affect because the file had to be named php5.ini. Also, the coding within the file was not proper, so I did fix it as a courtesy. As such, the PHP limit increased you implemented in it did not take affect. For us to further troubleshoot this issue, please provide us with a test login so we can attempt to upload an image to the site.

Also, as far as ImageMagick on the server, you need to know our ImageMagick "convert path." The convert path to ImageMagick, version 5 on our servers is:
    /usr/bin/

The convert path to ImageMagick, version 6 on our servers is:

/usr/bin/convert

For more information about ImageMagick and how you can use it, visit the ImageMagick website.

Please let us know if we can help you in any other way.

Sincerely,
    Sara P.
    Professional Hosting Support

As we value your feedback about the service you received, please take a moment to complete the short survey linked at the bottom of this email.

I forgot they required php5.ini instead. I’m not sure how to fix the imagemagick path thing. Any ideas?

Uploads are still not generating the larger watermarked version. This is annoying. lol

dp69_2001
    Participant

Even more annoying:

Dear Dallas, Thank you for contacting Advanced Hosting Support in regards to your hosting account for the domain drpgraphicdesign.com and the issue that you have been encountering with adding images to your 1dollarimages.com hosting account via the Symbiostock tool. We reviewed your hosting account and did not find any mod_sec related issues tied to your current IP address. I was able to find a broken pipe reference related to your hosting that may indicate a scripting or resource issue. I accessed your hosting using the provided credentials and was able to upload a test .jpg file to the media library without issue. I attempted to created a new entry via the ‘Stock Images’ control in your dashboard, but was unable to complete it as a new image would not attach from the media library or from upload. As a one time courtesy, we have whitelisted your IP (65.130.13.19) to exclude it from the mod_security related rules normally applied to our hosting accounts. Please contact us if you have any further issues in regards to this matter. Thank You, Mike S. Advanced Hosting Support

Still unable to generate the large image and still using GD Lib. Pretty helpful bunch. I don’t know what to do now. 🙁

Imago Borealis
    Participant

I would try “extension=/usr/bin/convert/imagick.so” or “extension=/usr/bin/imagick.so” in your php5.ini to see if you can access imagick.

Then take a close look at your watermark image. It needs to be exactly the specified size. Also, it needs to be there where the links in your settings points to. (Part of Ron’s problem, I think, was that the file got somehow deleted along with other files).

dp69_2001
    Participant

@Imago Borealis wrote:

I would try “extension=/usr/bin/convert/imagick.so” or “extension=/usr/bin/imagick.so” in your php5.ini to see if you can access imagick.

Then take a close look at your watermark image. It needs to be exactly the specified size. Also, it needs to be there where the links in your settings points to. (Part of Ron’s problem, I think, was that the file got somehow deleted along with other files).

Nothing is working! I just tried to reprocess the image and got

Warning: imagecreatefromstring(): Data is not in a recognized format in /home/content/30/10419230/html/stock/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/image-processor/symbiostock_image_processor.php on line 423
    failed to copy/home/content/30/10419230/html/stock/symbiostock_rf/495.jpg...

At least we have an error message I guess

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@dp69_2001 wrote:

@Imago Borealis wrote:

Nothing is working! I just tried to reprocess the image and got

Warning: imagecreatefromstring(): Data is not in a recognized format in /home/content/30/10419230/html/stock/wp-content/themes/symbiostock/inc/classes/image-processor/symbiostock_image_processor.php on line 423
    failed to copy/home/content/30/10419230/html/stock/symbiostock_rf/495.jpg...

At least we have an error message I guess

Error messages are gold!
    Before I go into depth, have you checked this out: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1129

A lot of problems can be solved through those considerations there. If not let me know.

dp69_2001
    Participant

:/ Nothing. I even made a new watermark and relinked it just in case. Uploaded a file that is already on there. and change my php5.ini again. ugh.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.