Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Walt Payne
    Walt Payne
    Participant

Background:

I have 2 domain names, at 2 ISPs. One is a flash gallery which I have been totally unhappy with, the other is my new Symbiostock site, which I love. It needs a lot of work yet, but the speed and ease of use is wonderful. I currently have a blog on the Symbiostock site, and a 302 redirect from the flash site. The flash site gets virtually no  hits, and the blog gets a few each day, mostly from Facebook and Twitter referrals.

Question:

Would it be better for SEO purposes to put the blog on the old flash site and have links to the Symbiostock site, or to leave it the way it is and change the redirect to a permanent one?

Thanks!

Walt Payne
    Participant
    George,

The flash site is old. I was not suggesting that I keep it active, just the domain name. I could put the blog on that ISP under that domain name, with links to the Symbiostock site. Not sure, but I think in theory that the separate domain with links might help.

Walt Payne
    Participant

George,

The blog is essentially about basic photography topics, and tips.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

With all the competition in the universe, I would say keep all the content you have on your Symbiostock site. This way Google will like your Symbiostock domain for both media and your articles, and since they are all related to photography, it will be a good match. I think putting the blog on your old site is only useful if the old site has a strong ranking in Google. Based on what you’ve said, that does not seem to be the case, so I would not do that.

Another benefit is as you design your Symbiostock, be it upgrading the header or footer, or whatever, it will affect both the blog and store at once, providing a more uniform branding experience for visitors.

Walt Payne
    Participant

Thanks Robin and George, your thoughts and suggestions all make sense.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.