Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of innerstock
    innerstock
    Participant

Should I use both SEO plugins in Symbiostock Plus “All in one seo pack” and “WordPress seo”, or only choose one?

When I activated “All in one seo pack” I got this message: The plugin All-in-one-seo has been detected. Do you want to import its settings?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

I think you should stick with one or the other – I don’t have too much experience comparing the two, but right now we are using WordPress SEO (which is also called Yoast SEO) and I find it reasonably useful.

I would recommend that one of the first things you do is when you go into the SEO settings, you go to Titles and Metas, Post Types, and under all of the Meta description template you put ‘%%excerpt%%’

This will use your image description as the meta description on every page which is a really good start.

innerstock
    Participant

Done. Thank you very much.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

I have actually recently switched to Add Meta Tags which I think may be simpler and actually better than the other two.

See, there are mainly three different SEO components you want on every page: title, meta description and meta keywords. I know a lot of people say the keywords are useless, but in my personal experience it is still used by search engines.

Currently, WordPress does the titles just fine – it uses your product title.

But meta descriptions and keywords are not done that well with Yoast.

This plugin does it automatically very nicely – it uses your tags for keywords and uses your content for the meta description, and you don’t have to do anything.

It also gives you a very similar level of control to the way I used to program my own sites in the past.

So I would recommend using this for your image site. It is enabled on the PLUS server.

innerstock
    Participant

Ok, I deactivated Yast, and activated Add Meta Tags:) In the settings to Add Meta Tags should I add something like global keywords, or just leave it?

Though I added Facebook and Twitter publisher profile url. (Twitter Cards Metadata I havnt done anything, in future I will see what others do)

Thanks again for all updates 🙂

innerstock
    Participant

Just to be sure. I dont have to fill in data in description, keywords and title in Metadata during editing media in Symbiostock settings?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

See, what’s so awesome about this plugin is it uses your image tags, description and keywords to create the proper tags. But you can also add global ones so you steer the content towards your overall content.

I just viewed source on one of your images, for example, and the Title, Meta Description and Meta Keywords look great.

Mind you, I did not create this plugin, so you must check to make sure it does everything you want – make sure the settings are what you want because I can’t attest to ensure that it doesn’t have bugs.

It does seem to have good reviews, and I am using it on my site.

A good way to check is to ‘view source’ on any  product page – look for <title>, meta description, and meta keywords. These are the main things. Also make sure it is not putting a ‘noindex,follow’ tag anywhere you don’t want it to. I just checked and the settings default to adding it to search results. I will leave it like that on my site so Google follows but does not index my search engine.

innerstock
    Participant

Yes I found the view source. Looks great!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.