Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Paolo,

This issue has never arisen before – Symbiostock does not make any distinction about the image dimensions and this is all provided by either PHP or ImageMagick – they are the programs that determine the nature of your images. Symbiostock itself has nothing to do with it. There may be some issue with the metadata that needs to be re-written in order to inform programs that it is a vertical image, and it seems that WordPress’s media editor is not doing this properly.

Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. Just yesterday I also changed the server where wordpress runs (before I had Pesk, now I have CPanel). The problem also occurs on this server. What do you advise me to do? The problem is with JPG files from three different cameras.

Profile photo of Mika Koivunen
    Mika Koivunen
    Participant

I have this same problem. Photos is taken by Canon DSLR and I really don’t know what I need to rewrite to EXIF, so that portrait pictures is shown also portrait. Any idea?

Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

I have not found solutions. I manually rotate photos before uploading them.

Profile photo of Mika Koivunen
    Mika Koivunen
    Participant

Okey, I have bigger problem, because my pictures is right position in my Mac, so I can’t rotate it.

Profile photo of Paolo
    Paolo
    Participant

You have to rotate them with an image gallery management software like “Digikam”. Turn right, then turn left. The software changes the location and it should work. There is no loss of quality. Look at my portal myvideoimage.com is done with this ploy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.