Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

To expand on my previous post, I would prefer a prompt to remind the buyer to select a “valid” licence option which is like a double check that they have indeed selected the right licence they need for their purpose.

I actually think this is a very important bug that needs urgent addressing. While this is not exactly a legal loophole it is a problem.

Jo

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

I have been thinking about it. Its very easy to fix. On the batch editor and on the image editor we need to get a tick box that says RM. So if we select an image for RM the only way to purchase the image is to tick a licence. Without ticking the licence your cant download the image. So when the file is marked as RM, and the buyer clicks on the file size, a box pops up saying choose your licence. And before a licence is chosen the image is NOT added to the cart. Problem solved.

Profile photo of CrackerClips
    CrackerClips
    Participant

When adding license options (a single one or multiple ones) in the bulk edit system we should be able to define one of the license options as a default and the radial button should already be selected when the customer goes to an image detail page. The customer can change it to another license option if desired but one would always be selected solving the legality of the license issue.

I always thought it was weird that one of the radial buttons wasn’t selected by default already. It’s confusing to the customer and one more stumbling block to buying an image. Everyone of these little stumbling blocks looses a certain percentage of customers.

Profile photo of txking
    txking
    Participant

This is an issue I have had for a while now with editorial images and I’ve tried to bring up for a while now. I want the editorial license to be the default license type for certain images as I do not have model releases and I do not have property releases. they are just that editorial shots. If the user doesn’t select editorial though it goes to a default license type which I don’t even have.
    This can cause confusion for the customer and maybe making them believe it’s a standard license allowing them commercial usage. This could cause me a bunch of legal issues.

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

I agree, the licencing system needs an overhaul and please sooner rather then later as this is the core of our business. If this goes wrong, buyers will lose all trust in symbiostock

Profile photo of CrackerClips
    CrackerClips
    Participant

@Semmick Photo wrote:

I agree, the licencing system needs an overhaul and please sooner rather then later as this is the core of our business. If this goes wrong, buyers will lose all trust in symbiostock

+1

Profile photo of HodagMedia
    HodagMedia
    Participant

@stevephoto wrote:

My RM images are all only available through Alamy and I use the AJT Alamy Plugin to direct customers there.
    http://ajotte.com/alamy-plugin/

So how does this work and for other with the extended plugin that he wrote.

Do I upload a photo and then add the link, but if someone wants to buy, they buy through Alamy, not Symbiostock?

So it’s just a search link, right?

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.