Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Jo, this is what I mean, I can download the image for the base price and default licence. That default licence is none existing or its standard. So the image is not protected against downloading under a default or standard licence. Meaning the image is available as RF and RM at the same time. A big NO.

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

Another thought I have just had… If you want a licence to appear below the prices you must attach a licence to the image. Otherwise it says nothing and uses your “Default” prices as a base. So I applied the STANDARD and the EXTENDED licence to my files even thought the STANDARD Licence actually has 0.00 values as prices. It’s just a way to switch files from the “Extended licence” which is like an “upgrade” back to the Standard Prices. So my Standard licence actually has no momentary value in it.

Jo

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

No, thats not how it works. I just showed you. You can download the image at ANY times under a default licence (or no licence, but for me default is standard)

JoRodrigues
    Participant

I understand Ron but there is no protection in what people do with your files. They can download your RM strict files and use them as RF. Only a court case can force them to stop if you understand what I am saying.

The way I have it, the prices for RM (I just stuck in quick and stupid high prices) are payable whether you like it or not. It also lists the Licence as RM so the buyer is not confused by thinking it is a RF or in my case ST for standard licence.

So you can’t use your default prices on Royalty Free as a base for your RMs. This is what we need an improvement in the system. We need to create templates so that on upload/processing we can pull down an option, select a licence/pricing structure and it auto fills in your defaults FOR that type of licence.

Currently the manual way is the only way I know how to set this up but you can set it up in bulk on existing files.

Jo

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

I get a different result (I think)

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

JoRodrigues
    Participant

@Semmick Photo wrote:

No, thats not how it works. I just showed you. You can download the image at ANY times under a default licence (or no licence, but for me default is standard)

Well that image page shows the RM prices and the ONLY option is for RM which actually has $0.00 values in it. The base price has been set on the actual image and then the RM visible “upgrade” is a ZERO dollar upgrade. On my Standard files they all have “Standard” and “Extended” as options but the lowest price by default is the Base Theme Template prices.

For RM files I have to manually type in my RM prices thus replacing the Template default.

Jo

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Jo I think you are wrong, with all do respect. We are dealing with legal stuff here. The system needs to be set up so that the only licence you offer is RM. Not a mix, whatever the buyer does with the image is irrelevant.

Christine, I probably can download that image without the RM licence attached. That the issue I am explaining. I cant test it as I cant logon to your site. The registration process is not working.

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

Jo, the image on the shopping cart says default licence not RM. So its not working as you say it is. Cheers, I need to host a dinner party. I wont be responding any further today. TOmorrow is a new day 🙂

JoRodrigues
    Participant

In simple terms, your base licence be it for either RF or RM (let’s stick with those two only for clarity and simplicity sake) will always have $0.00 in the prices. Why? This is because your image/vector already contains a monetary value built in. So I offer the option (with $0.00) for two reasons:

One, if no other licence option exists… then that is the licence that file is available under AND it is listed/visible thus creating no confusion. Even if you DON’T click it, the default price is still applied anyway.

Two, if there is an upgrade, there is no way to toggle the image back to “Standard” once you select “Extended”. It sort of gets stuck.

I use the same system for RMs although currently I am only offering RM as a standard licence. If let’s say I wanted to allow it for book covers. I then make an upgrade to the standard RM licence then that licence would have the +$ value which would tack it on to the file’s standard price. If I change my mind (as a buyer) about an Extended RM, no problem, I click the RM and the upgrade prices are all set to $0.00 so the price goes back to the base price.

Does this make sense? Perhaps I am missing something here?

Jo

Christine
    Participant

My testing site is a tad screwed up, I ought to delete it and start again really – I have just disabled the security plugs in.

Licences are not attached to downloads, only links to licences so if we put a link to a licence page that in turn links to the various licences – ie one for RM Basic, one for RM 1, one for Editorial, Standard, Extended or whatever we have then that should get around it.

JoRodrigues
    Participant

Oh I see what you mean. On the shopping cart is states “License: Default *”. That does need addressing on Leo’s end then.

Jo

Christine
    Participant

@Semmick Photo wrote:

Jo, the image on the shopping cart says default licence not RM. So its not working as you say it is. Cheers, I need to host a dinner party. I wont be responding any further today. TOmorrow is a new day 🙂

It depends how Jo has set it up, on my cart it says RM Basic

JoRodrigues
    Participant

In fact, Leo, a quick fix would be to remove the “License: Default *” completely for now. Then basically by having come from the previous page and it stated RF or RM etc. you have signed up for that licence type.

As a future fix though we really need to have template licences that we can apply to files and because they are linked they could show up in the shopping cart.

This, however, opens up yet another can of worms because the PHP also needs to pass the “Licence” upgrade type on to the following page where it shows your cart.

Jo

JoRodrigues
    Participant

@christine wrote:

It depends how Jo has set it up, on my cart it says RM Basic

How did you set it up that your licence shows up? Also if you select another option NOT the default, does it show that option too? Interesting to know that.

Jo

Edit: Ah yes! If you DON’T tick one of the available licences then you get the default “License: Default *” showing. If you select one of them then you get it listed. So…

This means the code needs to enforce a default ticked option as per the file image page.

Edit2: It could be done with a simple check as “Please select your license type” prompt message or a page default that auto ticks the lowest/base option.

SemmickPhoto
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

Edit: Ah yes! If you DON’T tick one of the available licences then you get the default “License: Default *” showing. If you select one of them then you get it listed. So…

BINGO !!!! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.