Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of antony
    antony
    Participant

Hi Robin,

I Have replicated the revo slider demo and set background fit to ‘cover’ which seems to crop the image after inflating it creating a composition that I am not happy with and image resolution is also sacrificed.

If I set background fit to ‘contain’, images which as described are best resized to 2000 x 500px are sharp and image height takes up less of the homepage which for me is more pleasing to the eye.

In turn the problem this creates is a huge blank white space below the slider images and above homepage content which I presume is the space that would be filled using cover as background fit.

Is there anyway to have background fit ‘contain’ effect ie. full detailed image I processed and resized minus the space? see here nomadicimagery

NomadicImagery

Stock photo | unique travel | documentary | culture | festivals

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Dawn will have a better handle on something like this, but as far as I understand it, the ‘cover’ vs ‘fit’ attributes are quite universal in the sense that they always operate as you’ve outlined. With the cover method, if you have something too wide and short, you will get a less than ideal cover, and similarly if you have something too tall and trim, you will get a similar effect.

In your case, it looks like your images are quite wide so it is expanding their height to fill the space. On different screens this will work differently – on a screen like a smartphone, it may actually look reasonably good. However, there are a couple of suggestions I can make:

1) If you are able to make that space less high in general, then your images will fit better and be stretched less. I don’t know if rev slider lets you set this.
    2) For rev slider images, purposely crop them in Photoshop prior to uploading so they are less disproportionate in regards to width and height. That should provide a happy medium.

I don’t think there is any other way around it based on my knowledge of rev slider.

Profile photo of antony
    antony
    Participant

Ok Robin,

many thanks for the info, I have managed to crack the problem by simply changing the grid height, works a treat.

NomadicImagery

Stock photo | unique travel | documentary | culture | festivals

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Beautiful images – it makes sense to want the rev slider to look optimal since it really sucks you in.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.