Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Theresa Sheridan
    Theresa Sheridan
    Participant

I have 4 licenses set up, but on some products where the images are much smaller, I want to remove the largest download license size.

When I edit the draft product, I change the default license to the size I want, and then I click Remove next to the license I want to remove, in the Licenses tab of the product. I click the blue Save Changes button in that tab, then I go to update or publish the product. After the page refreshes, the licenses show all four again however, and the default is back to what I have in the main settings.

Is there a way to do this?

Theresa Sheridan
    Participant

Bump please!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Theresa,

The best way to do this is to use the filters for each license – you can set the minimum pixel count for the larger license so that it does not apply to smaller images.

The reason it keeps showing up is Symbiostock auto-applied licenses when any product is saved in order to keep your store organized and streamlined. You are able to disable this on a per license basis but using filters is usually better.

Theresa Sheridan
    Participant

So if my medium sized license goes up to 2048 pixels, and I set the minimum pixels on my large size license to 2050, then the larger size license won’t apply?

So, I’ve done this on one image to test, however when I go to that image, it still shows the large size license in the drop down menu.

When you say “You are able to disable this on a per license basis but using filters is usually better.”, I don’t understand how I would disable this on a “per license” basis. I feel like I should be able to disable it on a “per product” basis, but that isn’t working, which is the reason for this post 🙂

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Theresa- please read the instructions under that filter. The minimum pixels is the area, not just one side- so multiply the width by the height of your small images and find an average area that you feel separates your small from large images.

Theresa Sheridan
    Participant

Ah okay, yes I was reading that wrong.

So if my medium size image is 1536 x 2048, the area would be 3,145,728 pixels… if I wanted my large size image to be anything above that, I would put a number larger than that in those fields, so 3,150,000 for example? Am I correct using so many digits in this way?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Yep – just without commas. 🙂

Theresa Sheridan
    Participant

But it is still showing the largest license available in the drop down selections for those items, and it is allowing me to add it to the cart. How do I remove that?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Theresa,

Once you update the license, please click on “Update prices” and “Update license” in the same license edit page. Then the processor (assuming it is running correctly) will update it systematically. You could also re-save the product manually and it should remove the large license assuming you have added the filter correctly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.