Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

First attempt at publishing a video clip.
    I’m getting this message: “This variable product has no active variations so cannot be published. Changing status to draft.”

What am I doing wrong?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

You need to have video licenses applied to it just like images – usually these are created by default, but because you started using Symbiostock before the video functions were created, you will have to manually create them.

So just like images, create a license and have it apply to videos, and you should be good to go!

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant
    Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Another question. I’ve published the video clip but the product preview only shows the play button, no background image.

Here’s what I’m talking about: http://picturebreeze.com/stock/photos/image/steaks-grilling-on-bbq-grate/ .

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

I think it may have something to do with the extra stuff you have running on  your product page (flickety slider). Try disabling that stuff first and see what happens, because I checked the source and the poster image is there and the code looks fine.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I tried finding an interfering plugin by disabling/enabling without success. Then I swapped the theme to the 2015 WP standard and that actually worked. So I’m in contact with the developer of my theme now to see if there’s anything we can do. Would be a shame if I had to drop video entirely.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Redneck,

Another thing – if there’s anything we can do to make it work with your theme, let us know. You can even send your theme developer to us so we can see if there’s any way to make the player more robust so as to ‘break free’ of theme related problems.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Well, the theme developer wasn’t really helpful. He tried publishing video on their clean installation and let me know that it worked. For now I’ve stopped uploading video because I don’t know where to look for the issue anymore. If you have any ideas or can give any tips, that’s always appreciated.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Although we may come up with a solution, one option you have is to just add a link to the Symzio version of your video in the description, with your affiliate code. If someone buys it from there then you get 100% anyways, and this way they can see the preview.

I checked some of your videos on Symzio and they look good, but the FPS is too low – I don’t know how much demand there is for 12fps. Try to keep it at 30 or 24.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Yeah, I noticed that it’s only 12fps. I have no idea how I did this. I used to think I’ve recorded at 30/60 fps. Will look into this.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I’m replacing those 12fps clips. Sorry about that, still don’t know how it happened but then again, I’m not handling video very often.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

No worries. That’s the cool thing about the whole Symbiostock > Symzio integration – you can fix stuff. With agencies the process is hideous – delete the old clip, re-upload the entire clip, wait and hope it gets passed again, wait for it to get into the search index again, etc etc.

With Symzio, you retain your URL, the details get updated, and the system auto-generates your new preview.

I think you should continue to do videos – they look quite good.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I have more clips on the hard drive and I’m happy to get a chance to include them if I/we can get it properly displayed on my site.

Here’s one more related question. When editing a product there’s an option called “Catalog visibility”. Do you know what happens when I choose “Hide”? Will Symzio still be able to catch it even though I don’t show it on my site?
    That might be a short term solution to the display problem.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

That’s a very interesting idea – Symzio catches everything that is published – theoretically, that should work just fine.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

I’ll give it a try and will let you know.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.