Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of EcoStockImages
    EcoStockImages
    Participant

Hi, I’m trying to upload some footage, but when I try to publish it, I get this message:
    “This variable product has no active variations so cannot be published. Changing status to draft.”

Can you please advice. Thanks.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi there –

1) Are you on Symbiostock PLUS? If not, then you can’t publish footage. Right now, there is no technical way to bundle Symbiostock standalone with the ability to deal with footage.

2) If you are on PLUS, as long as you have licenses whose filters apply to video media, and you uploaded it via the Symbiostock web uploader or FTP, you should have no issue.

The error you are experiencing is a WooCommerce one; it means you have no licenses attached to that particular product. I am guessing you are not on PLUS, in which case you cannot publish footage (although you can publish footage using WooCommerce alone, but you would manually have to create the thumbnails, upload the video, and you would have no video preview).

EcoStockImages
    Participant

Thanks, I had no licences created for video, that was the problem. I created a licence and attached it to the video, it works great now.

I am on free trial, testing out the PLUS features. Very happy with the distribution capabilities, amazing amazing amazing feature!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Great that you figured it out.

I agree wholeheartedly; I think it’s really underexposed to people. The video distribution especially is a huge thing for me. I have found that 20% of the time, Shutterstock, for example, doesn’t even process my video properly. If I had to manually upload it every time I’d go mad. Being able to just click a button and do it is literally a necessity for me to maintain sanity.

Profile photo of antony
    antony
    Participant

Hi Robin,

Will you be introducing in the future the ability for standalone users to upload video footage as Plus users can at the moment?

NomadicImagery

NomadicImagery

Stock photo | unique travel | documentary | culture | festivals

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

If it becomes technically viable, then most probably. But right now, I do not foresee that for a long time. The technology just does not exist to do this without a great deal of server specific customization… to the point where you are building a new one… and even that is difficult to set up.

EcoStockImages
    Participant

So I successfully uploaded one 2GB large ultra HD video file as a test, published it and left it overnight.

Apparently it has been distributed to only 3 out of 8 video agencies I have set up. I’m positive that (at least some of) the other agencies are set up correctly as images I tested were distributed to them without problems. Is it because the file is so big and it’ll take more time to be distributed? Or is it something else?

Thank you.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

As long as the credentials are sound, it should get distributed to all the agencies, especially if it got distributed to some of them. It may take some time to get through them all as not everything is distributed immediately. I will also look into this, but my first guess is that it’s just taking some time.

Generally, however, it distributes stuff pretty fast. It may be possible the FTP servers that are receiving the video file are not receiving it properly due to the size, for some reason, so Symbiostock is not marking it as sent. But I have readily distributed files 4 gigs in size, even 6 gigs in size, without issue.

EcoStockImages
    Participant

So after uploading several 2GB videos to multiple agencies, I can say this thing is an absolute marvel! Amazing stuff Robin!

Distributing 10 huge video files to most agencies took literally minutes.

I think there might be some glitch when uploading footage to Depositphotos and Canstockphotos. I have images being distributed to both without problems, but after several days of having video files online, only 2 out of 10 made it to Canstock and none were sent to Depositphotos. They are minor agencies for video, so it is not a big issue, but when they are set up for sending videos, it looks like they are holding up distribution to other agencies, too. Best to keep them un-ticked for video distribution.

Shutterstock, Pond5, Fotolia, MotionElements, VideoBlocks, 123RF footage went through smoothly.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Sometimes the footage needs to be in another directory, so you can check if that’s the case. if not, it is probably something to do with their system. If a majority of the footage was sent properly, it is unlikely to be the system.

But I’m glad you’re happy with it – I could not survive without the keywording + distribution.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.