Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jennifer
    Jennifer
    Participant

I’m back again. 🙂

Newbie to Symbiostock, so thank you for bearing with me.

I have a new question.

I was able to add two new stockphotos to the media section for sale. I updated my licenses for 4 different options, but when I add my new product, it’s only showing one and not the others.

Do I need to manually add the other license options, or is there a way to do this automatically? I checked the guide and I don’t see anything on this subject, maybe I’m over looking.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

When I looked at my site, I have my 5 licenses defined in the License section of the admin page. These include the price and short description of the license. Then when I look at one of my images and edit it, and click on Licenses part way down that page, I have those 5 license types showing up there. All of this is now happening by default – I don’t have to actually edit it to say that.

In settings, I have a checkbox against “Autofilter licenses during save” checked as well. I’m sure that would have been a default.

Sorry if this isn’t really helpful, but I don’t recall any issues in this area.

Steve

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Jennifer,

So the way licenses work is once you create one, you need to then decide how you want them applied. If you have no auto-filter rules set, then it will not automatically be set to anything and you will have to manually set it.

In order to auto-set it, you need to edit the license and click ‘Apply to raster images’ if you want it applied to images. Same goes for vectors (and soon videos). There are additional filters there that further enhance the application filter. Then, any new images that you add will automatically have that license added to it.

If you want it to apply to images you’ve already added, you can just re-save the image, either via quick edit, bulk edit, or the main product edit, and the license should automatically apply to it.

Profile photo of Jennifer
    Jennifer
    Participant

Thank you, I was able to get it working. I wasn’t applying the auto set.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.