Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

A few people have been posting sales but I’m guessing others have had sales but don’t want to post publicly. I thought an anonymous poll might show some encouraging numbers so please vote and hopefully we’ll see some encouraging numbers.

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

Just adding that this poll is open ended and you can change you vote so when you move to a new level come back and update your vote.

Profile photo of ShazamImages
    ShazamImages
    Participant

C’mon people. We have 268 users on this forum and only 23 (< 10%) have voted. I understand that a lot of people don’t visit every day, but there must have been more than 23 users in the past few days. Maybe we need to post a link to this over on the MicroStockGroup forums.

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

I will make it a “sticky” for a couple of weeks

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of lucato
    lucato
    Participant

Is it based on the latest month, year or life time?

Maybe it would be cool to create also this poll like for each month…. How was you December 2013… maybe one for download and other for income. :0)

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

@lucato wrote:

Is it based on the latest month, year or life time?

Maybe it would be cool to create also this poll like for each month…. How was you December 2013… maybe one for download and other for income. :0)

I intended the poll to show how many images have sold since your site was launched. For some that’s almost a year, others just a few months or maybe less. I posted it after a conversation I’d had with someone that wondered how many people were seeing sales vs. those with zero. There is a perception that a few people are seeing great results and others are just seeing a small trickle – one, two, three sales.

I’m hoping we start seeing some votes in those middle ranges soon, and the poll allows you to change your vote so it would be nice to see the zeros decline as the middle options start growing. I’m encouraged to see that more than just 2 or 3 people have sales 😀 Right now there probably are not enough consistent sales to warrant a monthly poll but maybe 6 months to a year from now if we’re all seeing better sales it would have some data worth viewing.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I’ve asked around to some of the more established illustrators — they get weekly sales. I begged them to share with the rest of the community. Some of them feel they will get flamed (MSG) and have other reasons for not saying so.

Its annoying, but the stronger sellers end up being strong *silent* types, and you don’t hear much from them 🙁

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

@leo wrote:

I’ve asked around to some of the more established illustrators — they get weekly sales. I begged them to share with the rest of the community. Some of them feel they will get flamed (MSG) and have other reasons for not saying so.

Its annoying, but the stronger sellers end up being strong *silent* types, and you don’t hear much from them 🙁

Hopefull they will vote in the anonymous poll to give some more encouragement to those starting out.

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

Maybe we should all become illustrators ?

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

Only if you’re well established. Not if you’re someone like me!

Profile photo of ShazamImages
    ShazamImages
    Participant

@leo wrote:

That is understandable, but this is an anonymous poll. So those reasons don’t make any sense for something like this.

Profile photo of dp69_2001
    dp69_2001
    Participant

@shazamimages wrote:

@leo wrote:

That is understandable, but this is an anonymous poll. So those reasons don’t make any sense for something like this.

I don’t hardly say anything in MSG, it seems like a few of the members look for excuses to jump down another contributors throat. Seems like quite a few of them have nothing better to do than sit online and follow yuri and Sean around all day.

I’m not an “established illustrator” at all but, I’ve been seeing a sale usually every week. Not on Symbio of course. Just the one so far.

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

At some point we need to discuss how to get more eyeballs to Symbio sites. This poll is a bit depressing.

Profile photo of dp69_2001
    dp69_2001
    Participant

@shelma1 wrote:

At some point we need to discuss how to get more eyeballs to Symbio sites. This poll is a bit depressing.

Only 36 have voted. Also, the project is still pretty young as far as page rank goes. I feel pretty satisfied with the 1 sale. lol

Profile photo of StockCube
    StockCube
    Participant

It doesn’t look at all depressing to me Shelma. I am quite encouraged by it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.