Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Videoopp
    Videoopp
    Participant

Hi,

I just migrated from one host to another.  My new dedicated server actually has higher specs, with 32G Ram and a faster processor, but it is not handling some of the tasks as efficiently.  When I increase my  $maxload to 20, for example, It cant handle it and I end up with a big list of lost media.  Sometimes it can’t even keep up when the maxload is set to 5.

What settings would you recommend I change in PHP or other systems to increase performance given that I have a dedicated server with these kinds of resources?

Thanks

worldviewstock.com

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey there –

To prevent PHP from crashing you just need two things: a very long script run time and a very high memory limit. The more maxload you want, the higher both those two things have to be.

Other things like CPU, disk speed, and other factors will affect the speed of processing but the aforementioned two factors are usually the reasons scripts end up failing. However with the addition of video processing, you’re now mixing both PHP and Linux command line which makes the process a lot more complex.

This is a rather large technical topic, so I will provide a reference:

http://phplens.com/lens/php-book/optimizing-debugging-php.php

Overall, the best way is to keep trying different settings and find the sweet spot. This is why when we launched the Symbiostock Hosting service we took quite a bit of time to test nearly all aspects of Symbiostock to ensure that all functions operated smoothly and without issue, whether it be videos, images or vectors.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.