Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cs
    cs
    Participant

Ahhh gotcha. You’re probably already doing this but h.264 compression on files can keep even 4K files at a manageable size especially if your clips are on the shorter side (less than 30s). I’ve got about 3000 clips I’ll be trying to get online here soon.

Profile photo of Stephane
    Stephane
    Participant

Well, the problem is that I can’t compress my files since my clients want them with the best quality as possible. Only the previews will be watermarked and compressed.

I would be curious to see the demo version of your website. Let me know if you need a feedback anytime soon.

Profile photo of cs
    cs
    Participant

I see. I’ve thought about offering uncompressed as an upsell option on files, with a 24-hour turnaround on delivering to keep those on offline storage (or maybe a NAS at some point) to save cost. Not a great option but I’m trying to approach this in baby steps — been selling on major agencies for a few years and starting this site for direct licensing seems like a natural progression.

I’ll definitely post it when it’s ready! Just gotta figure out what’s preventing previews from processing and then I’ll be able to start really building out the site.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey CS – have you been able to get previews working? You can create another thread if you are getting issues getting that working, and you can also search here. We’ve had a lot of discussions about the video plugin and troubleshooting hosting issues.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.