Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gejam
    gejam
    Participant

I was taking about 2000 odd pages, none of my images whatsoever have been indexed 🙁
    The other domain name was different from this one, so I was wondering if google think ive just duplicated m site and hence theyve punished me? I have closed down the first failed site.

Or maybe it’s due to something else entirely.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

if images were indexed on the first site, and the names are different, google will probably think your new site has duplicates – no penalty, but it will take some time for google to realize the old site isn’t there — you might submit a new sitemap of the old site if you can, showing no images

Profile photo of nikd90
    nikd90
    Participant

@Semmick Photo wrote:

I dont know but my indexing has stopped as well. I had like 1007 images indexed out of 1061 and then it fell back to 993 and stayed there for the last week. No idea why that is, but the last 5% is not being indexed.

If you have similar photos with similar caption and keywords, google would index only 1. This is according to my experience

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

In Google WebMaster is a report called HTML improvements. This report will show you duplicate titiles and other information. I have been play with this information updating my images and it is gradually improving the % of images indexed.

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

@nikd90 wrote:

@Semmick Photo wrote:

I dont know but my indexing has stopped as well. I had like 1007 images indexed out of 1061 and then it fell back to 993 and stayed there for the last week. No idea why that is, but the last 5% is not being indexed.

If you have similar photos with similar caption and keywords, google would index only 1. This is according to my experience

All titles and descriptions are unique, but not by much. I dont have any exact duplicates, I did that to improve SEO.

But I messed it all up anyways when I started renaming site maps. LOL

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

@quailrunphotos wrote:

In Google WebMaster is a report called HTML improvements. This report will show you duplicate titiles and other information. I have been play with this information updating my images and it is gradually improving the % of images indexed.

Thanks for pointing this out – I didn’t know about this. I’ve been trying to clean up duplicates as I publish images, but apparently I have missed 32 duplicates (which isn’t too awful out of nearly 1,000 uploads with a fair number of series where originally I had used a common title for the series, changing only the description). I’ll try and get those fixed

Profile photo of Ariene
    Ariene
    Participant

I’m starting worry. Google doesn’t like me or what am I doing wrong? Site is set up since February, (over 1700) images have unique titles and descr., site maps sent… After 3 months none of my images are indexed, zero, null, nothing… Something must be wrong with my site. All you said above is done.
    All files are bright yellow.

Profile photo of ShazamImages
    ShazamImages
    Participant

@ariene wrote:

I’m starting worry. Google doesn’t like me or what am I doing wrong? Site is set up since February, (over 1700) images have unique titles and descr., site maps sent… After 3 months none of my images are indexed, zero, null, nothing… Something must be wrong with my site. All you said above is done.
    All files are bright yellow.

Who is your web host?

Did you (or your site) block spiders and/or bots from accessing your website?

What does your .htaccess file look like?

Did you create a robots.txt file? If so, what does it look like?

See here for more info:

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/2387297?hl=en

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/156449?hl=en

http://www.thesitewizard.com/apache/block-bots-with-htaccess.shtml

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

Looking at my Google WebMaster reports, it is indexing my images from Leo’s image index plug in(symbiostock_image_sitemap.xml, but it has never indexed my sitemap_index.xml. I have submitted the sitemap_index.xml thru the google tests with no errors, but it never gets past pending status. So I am happy that I have Leo’s plug in. Thanks Leo.

By the way, Bing WebMaster processes both sitemap_index.xml and symbiostock_image_sitemap.xml without error.

Profile photo of dp69_2001
    dp69_2001
    Participant

@semmickphoto wrote:

@nikd90 wrote:

@Semmick Photo wrote:

All titles and descriptions are unique, but not by much. I dont have any exact duplicates, I did that to improve SEO.

But I messed it all up anyways when I started renaming site maps. LOL

This actually seems like a solid keyword spam violation.

My main site won’t index quite a few, and will move backwards or forwards depending on how actively I’m writing content. I post the new portfolio entries weekly but, I’m slow to write a post.

Either that, or one of the big guys bought favoritism. lol.
    (laugh but, at this point it could be true)

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

I don’t know what happened in Feb or March, but I saw Googles webmaster tools stop increasing the indexed image count. But my images are getting indexed. If I search Google for Cottage Pond North Caicos (in images; it’s there but further back in a web search) my newly uploaded image is in the top row. I have no idea what changed that stopped the Webmaster Tools counts from increasing

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

Are you submitting the site map with/without a www if your site does/does not have one as google sees these as different addresses?

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

@christine wrote:

Are you submitting the site map with/without a www if your site does/does not have one as google sees these as different addresses?

I have tried it both ways. Neither one works. The status is always pending or submitted, never indexed. Leo’s image site map is always indexed.

Profile photo of dp69_2001
    dp69_2001
    Participant

Maybe you are broken. Mine seem to be indexing just fine.

Profile photo of Ariene
    Ariene
    Participant

Maybe I’m missing something – do I have above problem because of FREE version and no special plugin to indexing images?
    The hell, it doesn’t work, indexing stuck completely… 😡

Now my Sys works only as public gallery (after direct linking), with no positioning sense. IF I sell something, it will be by accident.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.