Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gejam
    gejam
    Participant

Hi guys

Google has indexed none of my images here a month or so down the line.

What could possibly be wrong?
    I even bought Leo’s image map plugin.

http://www.royaltyfreestockphotos.co

Profile photo of gejam
    gejam
    Participant

And image map has been submitted over a month ago.

I have about 4200 images up, is it because of the high amount?

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

Things are slow, but after about 6 weeks I’m at 895/982 pages and 582/982 images indexed, so I think you should be seeing something happening.

If you look at Google’s webmaster tools, select your site and select Crawl->Sitemaps what do you see for progress. Are there any errors shown?

It’s an unrelated question, but was there a reason you chose not to give a visitor any tools to just browse your images (other than a search)? I know what URLs to use to see your entire collection and list of categories (which I see you haven’t used at all) so I could take a peek. I don’t think it has any bearing on google’s indexing, but I think some links to some more of your images from the front page would be more inviting than just one up top.

And if you look at my site, at the moment it’s a mess as I’m struggling with the upgrade to 2.8.x and things look awful, so I’m no role model 🙂

Profile photo of SemmickPhoto
    SemmickPhoto
    Participant

I dont know but my indexing has stopped as well. I had like 1007 images indexed out of 1061 and then it fell back to 993 and stayed there for the last week. No idea why that is, but the last 5% is not being indexed.

Profile photo of cidepix
    cidepix
    Participant

maybe it’s the .co extension

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

I have both the SEO site index and Leo’s Plugin. As I add new images they seem to get indexed, but there is about 25% that have never been indexed by google. I have resubmitted the index files several times.

I also use Bing WebMaster and they stopped indexing my site about 3 weeks ago. No error messages, just everthing is “pending”.

So not sure what is going on.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

my indexed images have been holding at about 75%, for about 4500 images — that’s well above what I saw on either my cascoly.com or smugmug site. my xml sitemap files are checked by google at least every other day, my other sites only hget checked weekly, so symbio is getting noticed by google

. google never promises to index all images or pages. it may depend on the content, title, competition, etc , but 0% would indicate something’s not working

under the sitemap section of webmaster tools does it say all pages and images have been submitted?

Profile photo of gejam
    gejam
    Participant

Yes, everything has been submitted to google and it’s all pending. Simply ays 0 out of 4200 images indexed.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

This might be a stupid question, but in your settings did you choose not to allow search engines to index your site?

Profile photo of gejam
    gejam
    Participant

Leo – how do I check to see if that is the case?

Profile photo of gejam
    gejam
    Participant

It also looks like Google deindex my pages. First it was 4000 somethin and then it halved all of a sudden…

Profile photo of gejam
    gejam
    Participant

Also I just tried to resubmit the general sitemap aswell. It has 26,000 entries, most of them pages, although I only have 4200 images. How come?

Profile photo of gejam
    gejam
    Participant

Could it have something to do with the fact that I created a site on another domain, submitted it to google and then later closed it down and created this new site on a new host to get Paypal IPN to work?

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

@gejam wrote:

Could it have something to do with the fact that I created a site on another domain, submitted it to google and then later closed it down and created this new site on a new host to get Paypal IPN to work?

if it’s an identical domain name that should be ok, once all the DNS servers are updated, which can take a week or more

but you said google DID index 2000 of your images before? that’s not unreasonable

the 26000 probably comes from redundant links on your pages — eg, if you have headers or footers that have internal links, each of those will be submitted. it doesn’t affect anything. it’s the pages indexed that are actually searchable

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

That seems odd. I double checked your robots.txt file to be sure you’re not blocking the bots…it’s identical to my own. Is your hosting company reliable? Downtime or slow server response can impact indexing.

My entire site has been indexed (well except for what I’ve been adding today) as of a couple days ago. Only 220 or so images, but it has only been on SYS for a couple weeks…and sitemaps were submitted a week (?) ago. I have owned this domain for several years though, so perhaps that had an impact.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

The forum ‘Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.