Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Graham
    Graham
    Participant

First, I must admit I have Woocommerce version 3.5.6. Somehow I must have unknowingly upgraded.
    However, I have nearly 400 high res images on the system and Woocommerce set-up prior to site launch, so removing all this is not something I want to do unless absolutely necessary.
    I also have Woocommerce prompting me: “WooCommerce data update – We need to update your store’s database to the latest version.”
    All is working well aside from the crucial file download link is missing in customers’ email.
    Both the order confirmation email and the completed order emails are received, but the download details are missing.
    In it’s place is: test-image.jpg – Test Image £1 To Process: 1

If I bypass Paypal by creating a coupon for the cost of the download, then the download link is received.
    I have checked, rechecked and checked again all Paypal settings, both in Paypal account and on site.
    I have also checked the database table: wp_woocommerce_downloadable_product_permissions and despite numerous tests the only entry is the coupon purchase.
    CRON seems to be working ok, but I have also run remotely to confirm.
    I have also accessed the order and reset the order to processing, which subsequently completes, but still no link is produced.
    So, my questions are:

Is it likely to be a version issue?
      Are there any updates in the pipeline?
      If not how should I downgrade Woocommerce, whilst retaining as much work as possible?

Many thanks,
    Graham

Profile photo of Graham
    Graham
    Participant

I’ve made some progress and here’s more info in case others encounter this.

For testing I’d set-up a £1 license (not keen to keep testing with £60 payments!) and applied this to one test image only.
    I had also created a £60 coupon test so I could check the £60 license on any existing images.
    I have since created a coupon for the £1 test to narrow down likely causes.
    I was surprised that the £1 coupon test failed to produce a download link (the £60 coupon had worked).
    Checked in license settings to confirm that the £1 license was actually set to be a downloadable product, it was.
    However, whilst checking over the test-image product (there’s only one specially uploaded for this purpose), I almost accidentally discovered that the product (not the license) was not checkboxed as downloadable within the licenses section (if I could upload an image I would because it’s not obvious and hidden behind the dropdown for each license.
    I am not sure why this was not shown as downloadable because the license is set as downloadable in the license settings (remember we are in the product settings here). All the other licenses for this product are; they re also checked ‘virtual’ too whereas the £1 license wasn’t.

So, if you are still with me, emails are now delivered with download link (yipee!!).
    I am unsure why when the license is set to ‘downloadable’, the info doesn’t seemed to be passed through to the actual product in the license section; maybe that’s a Woocommerce version issue, but I can live with it.
    I still have the remaining question, is there a Symbiostock upgrade in the pipeline?
    I think I am happy to proceed without the hassle of downgrading assuming nothing else crops up, but welcome advice.

Thanks again,
    Graham

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Graham,

I don’t fully understand the issue you have experienced, but based on what you’re saying, am I to understand that you already had products in WooCommerce and then installed Symbiostock on top of that? As far as I understand it, you would need to re-upload these images for Symbiostock to consider them Symbiostock products. Have you done that?

Yes, we do upgrade the plugin as is necessary. There is no need to downgrade and if you do upgrade you may experience unforeseen issues but our current release is very stable with the recommended versions.

Profile photo of Graham
    Graham
    Participant

Thanks Robin.
    No, the site has been built virtually from day 1 with Symbiostock; all images have been uploaded in the recommended way via ftp to the uploads folder. So I am still unsure why when the license is set as downloadable and applied to a product, then product is not set as downloadable. As mentioned maybe a quirk of running a later Woocommerce version than advised.
    Anyway, all appears well aside from that, but remain watchful that products are individually labelled as downloadable.
    Graham

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Graham – yes, we’ve never seen this issue before so it may be a problem with the new version. Thanks for letting us know, and welcome aboard. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.