Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mike1
    mike1
    Participant

I’ve successfully created a new watermark, had my host install Imagemnagick (to enable diagonal lines) and all new images are having my new watermark applied correctly. However, the existing 500 images are not regenerating.

I’ve switched on the cron job to run each minute, left it overnight and then cleared the cache. I’m using Express theme. Apart from new images no others are showing the new watermark.

Any ideas folks? Thanks

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Mike – does it work with another theme? Try to switch themes and see. If so then we know it is an Express issue. If not, then it is related to the processing. My guess is it has something to do with the thumbnails being cache’d somehow.

Profile photo of mike1
    mike1
    Participant

Thanks Robin but I’m struggling to find any free theme which has galleries and will display my images, so I can’t really tell. I have tried five different themes and not one displays a picture.

Question: How long should it take for the processor to regenerate 500 watermarks and do I need to turn on the cron job or is it all automatic?

Update: I found a them which does display the images and some of the fort ones I uploaded do display the watermark but not the diagonal lines. These reptresent three pages only out of 50 and there is no sign of any more being processed

Profile photo of mike1
    mike1
    Participant

Robin – we now have a small issue with watermarks in that all my images appear to have the correct watermark but several only show the correct one when the thumb is clicked on, displaying the actual product image, but you can see the Symbiostock watermark on the little thumbnail. Any ideas please?

This is not vital and can be lived with, but would be nice to have it looking “right” for the more sharp-eyed customers!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.