Tagged: , ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Phila
    Phila
    Participant

I would need more options to define products, i.e. licences something like the variable products in woocommerce would help.
    To work with Symbiostock, I would need one of the following:

– Symbiostock lite: please add bulk upload
    – Symbiostock pro: please add variable products

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi there – what do you mean by variable products?

All Symbiostock Pro items are variable products and you can assign a number of different licenses to them to determine the pricing, etc. What is it exactly you are looking for?

Profile photo of Phila
    Phila
    Participant

I would need exactly, what woocommerce defines as a variable product. at least some kind of structure.
    If i sell an image print on 5 different medias in 5 sizes, a list of 25 single products is not really what a customer wants to see.

instead he wants to choose the media-type as an option, then the size.

if i add some more products and downloads, i have 40 fixed price shop-entries for 1 product? can’t do that…

hope, it makes sense 🙂

have a good day

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Well, you can have as many sizes as you want (those are the licenses). You can also assign what format the download will be by editing each license. So what you are looking for is already built into Symbiostock. You can mix and match both sizes and media types to create as many permutations as you want and it will show up as one product with multiple licenses.

The one difference is you cannot choose the media type first, then the size. So you would have a license for each combination of media type and size.

Profile photo of Phila
    Phila
    Participant

yes, thats right. I showed example pages to potential customers, they also think it is unacceptable to show 40 or more options on screen for a single product and look/study through all of them.
    it becomes even worse, if you want to add a structure like rights-managed licensing. Then you have a long line of 200 product options, that you have to read through – you mus be kidding!!!

so it remains, what i wrote in my first post:
    To work with Symbiostock, I would need one of the following:

Symbiostock lite: please add bulk upload

Symbiostock pro: please add variable products

</p>

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey there – if there is a dropdown relating to one product, I don’t think it is that much of an inconvenience for a customer to peruse the menu to pick the exact size and media type they want. You can re-order the list as you want to ensure it is easy to navigate, but this isn’t that uncommon or strange of a functionality.

It may be superior to have multiple layers of variables (a true variable product as you mention) but the licensing system Symbiostock uses is so complex and large that altering it in that way will not be possible. As well, as bulk uploads are standard to Symbiostock Pro, we are not going to be adding that to Lite, which is meant to be extremely minimal.

Try it out and if it continues to be an issue, I do apologize and hope you find the solution you are looking for. Using Lite in this manner will probably be a horrible option because you will then have to manually specify all these variables for each product individually. If you want to change pricing on any of your licenses that way it will likewise be a complete nightmare. With Pro everything is bulk automated.

Anyways, good luck, and thank for sharing your needs with us.

Profile photo of Irina
    Irina
    Participant

Hello, I found this message because this is the issue I am facing now – I would like a drop down menu for product options selection. I see this was 3 years ago, has this been resolved since then?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.