Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

@leo wrote:

… and the “pretty” (interactive categories) categories is an optional template you can use.

Is it an option from within the theme in a menu somewhere or a cut a paste code snippit?

Jo

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

@cascoly wrote:

@leo wrote:

2.8.2 is ready if you wish to update from it. I’ve been busy on everything else, I fixed the categories to the way they were – and the “pretty” (interactive categories) categories is an optional template you can use.

I also adjusted some image layouts in widgets to be properly centered.

just upgraded to 2.8.3 — categories (old method) work fine, and fast

Where are you finding the link to 2.8.3? I’m having a problem with 2.8.2 on my test site and I’d like to try this version.

JoRodrigues
    Participant

@klsbear wrote:

Where are you finding the link to 2.8.3? I’m having a problem with 2.8.2 on my test site and I’d like to try this version.

Under your Dashboard either it will show up as an update notification on the top dark grey bar or you can go to Appearance > Themes and you will see the theme with an upgrade option notification under the theme. If it is not showing up refresh your browser.

You can press “Control” and then hold it down and press “F5” on your Keyboard to force your browser to check the Internet and load new data for the page. This works on a few modern internet browsers.

Jo

Profile photo of KLSbear
    KLSbear
    Participant

@jorodrigues wrote:

@klsbear wrote:

Under your Dashboard either it will show up as an update notification on the top dark grey bar or you can go to Appearance > Themes and you will see the theme with an upgrade option notification under the theme. If it is not showing up refresh your browser.

You can press “Control” and then hold it down and press “F5” on your Keyboard to force your browser to check the Internet and load new data for the page. This works on a few modern internet browsers.

Jo

Found it! The refresh was not showing it on the Themes page but it’s showing up if I go to Dashboard and view the Updates panel. Thanks!

Profile photo of LesPalenik
    LesPalenik
    Participant

I’m having problem with the new install.
    First, I renamed the Symbiostock and CleanTheme folders in /wp-content/themes folder

When I try to install the new Symbiostock version, I get a message:
    The uploaded file could not be moved to wp-content/uploads/2013/10

Do I have to delete/rename anything else before the re-install?

JoRodrigues
    Participant

Ideally you should do it all from within your Dashboard > Appearance > Themes. It is only as a last resort if you are have severe problems that you delete via Ftp. If you use the update function it will do everything for you.

What can happen if you just delete/move/rename behind the scenes is that WordPress KNOWS you have the SymbioStock theme installed but when it looks for it… it’s gone! Try restoring the folders or simply “Reinstalling” but with the new version.

Jo

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

This is just an update:

2.8.4 is available as an upgrade (otherwise just download it and upgrade)
    https://github.com/orangeman555/symbiostock/blob/metamorphosis/symbiostock.zip?raw=true

The search bar was changed for the benefit of those who will be upgrading using clean-theme. It has that rounded look. (The fun part was changing the javascript so it loses those properties at resize!)

Also in the customizer (appearance->customize)) has an option you will appreciate, allowing the cart/account/search menu to anchor itself inconspicously at the top (much like 2.6.5) . In found in the navbar options.

These were all integrated due to paying client project with Symbiostock!

Profile photo of LesPalenik
    LesPalenik
    Participant

Ideally you should do it all from within your Dashboard > Appearance > Themes.

Jo,

I tried to install the latest Symbiostock first into the existing folder, but wasn’t succesful, I got an error message that destination folder already exists.
    Then I remembered reading the following post by tdahl:

1. Activated another theme such as Twenty-Twelve.
    2. Renamed both symbiostock and symbiostock-child folders
    3. Installed new version of Symbiostock fresh and activated.
    4. Installed fresh new symbiostock-child theme and activated it.
    5. Started playing with customizations built into 2.8.2 and set to my liking.

So, I did the same thing, but then the install program crashed and displayed the following message:

EDIT:
    After a few repeated tries, I managed to upgrade to SYM Theme 2.8.2 (instead to 2.8.4) and DragonFly.

I updated WordPress to 3.6.1 which worked fine.

Then I also tried to update Symbiostock Professional from 1.1.8 to 1.2.3 which crashed.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@lespalenik wrote:

Ideally you should do it all from within your Dashboard > Appearance > Themes.

Jo,

I tried to install the latest Symbiostock first into the existing folder, but wasn’t succesful, I got an error message that destination folder already exists.
    Then I remembered reading the following post by tdahl:

1. Activated another theme such as Twenty-Twelve.
    2. Renamed both symbiostock and symbiostock-child folders
    3. Installed new version of Symbiostock fresh and activated.
    4. Installed fresh new symbiostock-child theme and activated it.
    5. Started playing with customizations built into 2.8.2 and set to my liking.

So, I did the same thing, but then the install program crashed and displayed the following message:

Could there be a problem with write/delete permission in that folder or something else?

I updated WordPress to 3.6.1 which worked fine.
    Then I also tried to update Symbiostock Professional from 1.1.8 to 1.2.3 which crashed as well.

http://www.symbiostock.org/topic/367/make-leo-an-admin-account-if-you-need-help/

Profile photo of DonLand
    DonLand
    Participant

@leo wrote:

This is just an update:

https://github.com/orangeman555/symbiostock/blob/metamorphosis/symbiostock.zip?raw=true

The search bar was changed for the benefit of those who will be upgrading using clean-theme. It has that rounded look. (The fun part was changing the javascript so it loses those properties at resize!)

Also in the customizer (appearance->customize)) has an option you will appreciate, allowing the cart/account/search menu to anchor itself inconspicously at the top (much like 2.6.5) . In found in the navbar options.

Used the link to d/l 2.8.4 from 2.8.3

After uploading Symbiostock says it’s 2.8.2

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Simply upgrade it by updating the theme itself (from the admin panel) it should usually sense if there is a higher theme (though sometimes it doens’t)

Since my computer overhaul I have to re-integrate with github again. Upgrades should stilll work though.

Profile photo of DonLand
    DonLand
    Participant

Looked there first, in both the Dashboard Updates as well as the Theme Panel under Appearance.
    When it did not show I used the link to upload it manually and got the downgrade to 2.8.2.

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Thats sad. I guess I’ll have to get that github integration back. Its quite a process to get a connected with github, so I’ll try to get that done sooner than later.

Profile photo of jsfoto
    jsfoto
    Participant

@leo wrote:

This is just an update:

I had 2.8.3 installed … now after installing the downloaded symbiostock.zip it shows 2.8.2 not 2.8.4 … confused now 🙂

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

I guess I just have to set up github again. Give me a moment to finish up a job I’m doing now and I’ll have a new download available. In a nutshell wordpress doens’t consistently tell upgrades, and so I can’t really work around it if it fails to tell you there’s a new upgrade available.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 176 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.