Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of peresanz
    peresanz
    Participant

Their images will show up regardless of whether you have results or not. They always will show up.

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

I’ve found that if I have a lot of results for a search term, no other sites show up. For example, if I search for “cartoon” on my site, I only see results from me. But if I search for “occupation,” there are results from others. I’m not sure what the cutoff amount is, but there must be one built in somewhere.

Profile photo of peresanz
    peresanz
    Participant

@shelma1 wrote:

I’ve found that if I have a lot of results for a search term, no other sites show up. For example, if I search for “cartoon” on my site, I only see results from me. But if I search for “occupation,” there are results from others. I’m not sure what the cutoff amount is, but there must be one built in somewhere.

I’ve also found that if I search for a generic term such as “landscape” I get results even from sites I have not linked to! they come from out of my network (?)

Profile photo of shelma1
    shelma1
    Participant

Weird! I tried that search on your site and results come up from 14 different places, even though the limit is 10. Very strange. I had the same thing on my site…results from 13 sites on some searches.

Profile photo of Chromaco
    Chromaco
    Participant

I believe results show up for your network plus sites your network is networked to. Once removed. I might be wrong but it seems like this is happening.

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

several reasons —

first the networks and friends of network effect

but you’re also seeing results for sites with that promoted keyword (eg ‘landscape’)

if no other sites show up,it may just mean no one else has that keyword — our network is still small eough that it’s possible

eg on my site, ‘food’ gives 487 images of mine, but additiponal hundreds from many other sites

‘nemrut’ however only shows the 15 images from my site

Profile photo of THPStock
    THPStock
    Participant

Just putting my site out there again if anyone wants to fill up their 10 network slots.

I would prefer to network with others who have a few thousand images online already, which is what I have online currently.

If I think you’re a good fit I will of course add you to my network too – I have 2 slots left.

Thanks everyone 🙂

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

THPStock
    Participant

^Bump

View my portfolio at THPStock Direct via Microstock Man. I also do Web Design & Graphic Design.

Profile photo of Christine
    Christine
    Participant

You are already in my network Tim

http://kerioakimaging.com - trying to reopen
    http://nail-art-at.kerioak.com - Art and Nail Art

THPStock
    Participant

@christine wrote:

You are already in my network Tim

Cheers Christine!

Profile photo of cascoly
    cascoly
    Blocked

the people o your network will have a single row of images when your sit has images matching the keyword. there’s an option you can choose about what to do when your site has no images – I strongy suggest opting to show other sites; images so that users don’t go somewhere else.

also, if only a few of your networked sites show resultys, the search will also display non-networked sites that have the keyword as ‘promoted’; right now, we know that promoted keywords are getting views, but until the search analytics get installed by a reasonable number of people we wont be able to tell how the system is working

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

@shazamimages wrote:

It would be great if someone could figure out how to increase the network from 10 to 15 or 20. Then Leo could add the changes into a future update.

I third that! Or is it fourth it? I think this is a good idea.

Jo

Profile photo of JoRodrigues
    JoRodrigues
    Participant

@peresanz wrote:

I launched and announced my site last week and have been looking for matching portfolios since. My main subjects are landscape, travel, architecture and astronomy. I’ve seen lots of wonderful sites strong on some of these categories but they appear to have their network completed without free slots. I could have linked to these sites but of course I would like to be linked too, that’s the game, right? It appears that during the first bump of new sites, in the early times of symbiostock, they where growing strongly at a constant ratio and everybody built up their network mainly linking one to each other in such a way that new sites created recently may have a hard time in finding sites to exchange links with.

I have not checked ALL the sites so if anyone finds that his portfolio would make a good complement with mine, please let me know.

Welcome to SymbioStock and you have some beautiful photographs!

Jo

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.