Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 11A Fotografie
    11A Fotografie
    Participant

Yesterday I started using Symbiostock and ever since the Licensing part doesn’t work well… I made the mistake to delete all licenses at the beginning and I can’t get them back (tried deinstalling the plugin several times). So maybe my answer is in those licenses, but I don’t know.

I’ve made 2 licenses that work fine and are for digital products/downloads. But when I want to add a license for print, it gets messed up…

These are my problems:
    1. The print-license has a tag requirement (I used Any and than the keyword, not sure if I had to use Any of All there – I didn’t see any difference). When I add a photo and don’t add a tag, it still shows up onder the information tab, but you can’t choose it as varation (see this example).

2. When I add the right tag, the print-license does get added, but the price of my product doesn’t change with it… So the top price of my product stays with the digital-license, but when you choose the print-license it says a lower price (see this example)

These are the details of that print-license.

I really hope this is enough information and you can help me out.

PS I renamed the license part to Product, because I think that works better and I had to translate it since I’m dutch…

11A Fotografie
    Participant

I just got an extra problem: I added a few photos and published them the same way as always. But now the price of the licenses isn’t shown… I see all the licenses and can add the photo to my cart, but it doesn’t show the price.

See this printscreen

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

1) Extra information tab always shows this. It’s a quirk of WooCommerce and can be easily fixed with a custom hook or your theme.

2) Regarding the rest: What version of WooCommerce are you running?

11A Fotografie
    Participant

@George: Not sure… I think it did with a few license (not all showed up), but none of them were print-licenses as far as I can tell… I just can’t get those licenses back… I’ve tried to reinstall the plugin a few times, but I don’t get those licenses back (I’m talking about the licenses that show up as the variations of the photos – I did rename the license-type-page but that didn’t give a difference).

I don’t get why it should be my browser when some of the products have the price with them and others have not. Even the WooCommerce back-end shows the prices of some and others not. See this printscreen. So I don’t think it’s a browser problem.
    To be clear: the photos that don’t have a price still have those licenses as variations and you can order them. You just don’t see the price till you watch the cart…

@robin:
    1) Can you let me know how I can make that hook?

2) I’m using the latest WooCommerce version: 2.5.3

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Ahh – that could be the problem – you need to be on the earlier version of WooCommerce (before the 2.5 release.) There is a post on this forum about the specific release but the plugin is not certified yet to the latest WooCommerce release.

Steve

11A Fotografie
    Participant

Thanks for your reply, Steveh and George. I thought I had read somewhere that the only supported version of WooCommerce was 2.5. Can’t find it back, so I’m not sure where I read it. I will go find a way to go back to WooCommerce 2.4.10 and see if that fixes it.

11A Fotografie
    Participant

I’ve deleted WooCommerce 2.5.3 and tried the previous version. First 2.4.12 because I got a message that Symbiostock needed that version. This gave me a few more options to choose (like the license) when I published the photos in bulk. But the price still didn’t show up.

So I deinstalled and deleted 2.4.12 and installed WooCommerce 2.4.10. But no difference…

When I publish the photos (I delete the previous photos first of course!) and give them a category (and for a few a tag), I do get the variations by the photos on my site, but it still doesn’t show the price in the WooCommerce backend of on my website…

I really don’t get what I’m doing wrong. I haven’t changed the licenses…

Is there maybe a way to get the default licenses back?

11A Fotografie
    Participant

The Licenses do display as variations, the price just isn’t shown. They all have a value in the price (see this printscreen).

I would love to check again, but it turns out that I can’t access the licenses anymore… It says that I don’t have the permission to access that part. While I’m the only user on this site and it worked fine yesterday… I think this might have to do something with the change I made in the database to rename License into Product (did that after reading this topic: http://www.symbiostock.org/forums/topic/translate-symbiostock/)…

I think I will try with a clean install on an other site (I have another one I don’t really use anymore)… Something went wrong here…

11A Fotografie
    Participant

Reinstalling the Symbiostock plugin doesn’t help… I use WooCommerce 4.2.10 now…

All the Symbiostock parts are still in English. I always checked those boxes indeed.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey there – PM Me your login info and I’ll take a look to see what it could be.

11A Fotografie
    Participant

I will do that, Robin.

The plugin needs to run on my main website eventually (similar to the one I’m trying it on right now) so I hope to figure it out.

11A Fotografie
    Participant

1) Extra information tab always shows this. It’s a quirk of WooCommerce and can be easily fixed with a custom hook or your theme.

Hi Robin.
    Can you let me know what kind of hook I need if I don’t want to show the licenses that aren’t connected to a photo in the Extra Information Tab?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey there – check out this link:

https://docs.woothemes.com/document/editing-product-data-tabs/

The first example gives you some info. Do you need the exact code or can you extrapolate it from that?

11A Fotografie
    Participant

Thanks, Robin! I get the information on that page, but I only want that the licenses that aren’t an option with the photo aren’t shown. So only the licenses that are able to select at the top are shown. I don’t mind that this tab is shown, but it’s a bit weird that all the different licenses are shown, even the ones that aren’t available.

Is there a way to change that?

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Thanks, Robin! I get the information on that page, but I only want that the licenses that aren’t an option with the photo aren’t shown. So only the licenses that are able to select at the top are shown. I don’t mind that this tab is shown, but it’s a bit weird that all the different licenses are shown, even the ones that aren’t available.

Is there a way to change that?

I’m not sure if I understand your problem but have you set the “Core Auto-apply Filters” and the “Supplementary Auto-apply Filters” for your licenses? This is where you define which licenses are available with the file type.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.