Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of shotupdave
    shotupdave
    Participant

“Your account is currently using version 5.2/5.3 and you are strongly encouraged to switch to version 5.4 within the next 7 days. If you do not then your account will be automatically upgraded to 5.4 along with any extensions you have chosen to include in your current 5.2/5.3 configuration. You can upgrade PHP by navigating to your cPanel, going to the category Software/Services and clicking the link PHP Config. From there, scroll down and select any of the PHP 5.4 options.”

As we all know our sw does not work well with 5.4, so make sure you tell bluehost not to abandon 5.3

shotupdave
    Participant

that already happened to me, both symbiostock and my Genealogy family site went down

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

I had misread it and upgraded to 5.3 from 5.2… so I got my email this morning saying I was now on 5.4. What’s done is done I guess. :-/

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

I just put the new beta on and so far it seems to work.

Profile photo of Chromaco
    Chromaco
    Participant

Be careful. I’ve been getting e-mails all morning saying that my customers can’t get their files. I did a test and the downloader wasn’t working. You should test your purchase all of the way through to make sure this isn’t happening to you.

Profile photo of dianajo
    dianajo
    Participant

I’m still in the set-up phase so I haven’t gotten into the potential email issues yet…but I will be sure to test *everything* before I turn on payments and such.

Profile photo of susanszoocrew
    susanszoocrew
    Participant

Is there a way to make Symbio work with the new version? I’m just about to start setting up a site but am reluctant to put a lot of time into it if it’s just going to break 🙁

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

@susanszoocrew wrote:

Is there a way to make Symbio work with the new version? I’m just about to start setting up a site but am reluctant to put a lot of time into it if it’s just going to break 🙁

If your using a child theme you will have to re-orient all of your widgets and such. Don’t use it until I release it officially unless your comfortably familiar with wordpress.

Profile photo of susanszoocrew
    susanszoocrew
    Participant

I’m not familiar, much less comfy, with wordpress so I’ll wait :). When will you announce the offical release? Or I should say where will you 🙂

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Its hard to say – I want this to be as complete and streamlined as possible. Still with quirks aside there’s a small learning curve between Symbiostock and WordPress.

Profile photo of sunnystockphoto
    sunnystockphoto
    Participant

Hey everyone,
    I’m excited by Symbiostock’s potential and slowly building my site.
    After being away last month noticed things were down after bluehost automatically upgraded me to 5.4. I reverted to 5.3 and got things back on track but just got an email from bluehost informing me as of 01 Dec 2013 they will no longer support 5.3 and that they will automatically upgrade me (and everyone else I assume) to 5.4. It doesn’t sound like I’ll have the option to revert to 5.3 next month.
    Does anyone know if symbiostock will support bluehost 5.4 by 01 Dec 2013? Or should I ditch bluehost before I invest too much effort in loading up my portfolio there.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

shotupdave
    Participant

i believe the current version of symbiostock is fully compatible with 5.4

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

Once again, Bluehost’s summary in my cPanel main screen – the summary off to the left – says I’m at one PhP version, but I’m actually at another.

I don’t know when they switched me this time- I was one of those who earlier had been switched without any warning or info and at that time relied on the summary information – but my site appears just fine. The earlier problems of not being able to download any purchased files are apparently fixed in 2.9.4.

So I am still not happy with Bluehost in that they’re changing my PhP version without telling me and then their own interface is not giving me accurate info, but thanks to the earlier help I can check using info.php to see what I’m really running and my site is working fine.

For those still running 2.6.x and on Bluehost, this may be a big deal, however.

Profile photo of JoAnnSnover
    JoAnnSnover
    Participant

The thing that failed for me was clicking on a thumb in my purchased files area. Instead of getting the file dialog to save it to disk, I got a blank white screen. If that part works, perhaps all is well?

Profile photo of EggHeadStock
    EggHeadStock
    Participant

I also got the email this morning from JustHost: ‘December 1 PHP 5.3 is phased out.’ 🙁
    It is good to hear that there are successes to run SS with PHP 5.4.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.