Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

This is the error message I keep getting: Error: “Authentication failed. Unable to connect to legacy Symbiostock install. Please ensure the Symbiostock Importer/Exporter is installed on the legacy site.”

I’ve made a fresh WP + WooCommerce install on the same server/domain in a sub directory of my legacy site.
    Then I installed the importer on the new WP site. Ive read somewhere that I won’t need to install the importer on the legacy site if both sites are on the same server. Yet, the import didn’t work.
    Then I installed the importer into the legacy site and edited the file with the authorization code given.

Still the same error message.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

You would need to install the importer on the legacy as well if they are different WordPress installs.

Have you tried disabling and renabling the legacy theme? I was having a permission error on another site and doing that fixed it. You can also try using another theme altogether on the legacy site to see if it rectifies the issue.

If not, just give me admin access to everything via PM and I’ll look into it and your watermark issue.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Yes, toggling the theme on the legacy site did the trick. It’s working now. I guess 2507 images will take a while …
    Thanks for the tip.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Yep – should take some time. Just let it run. You can also resume it anytime if it stops for any reason. Both the importer and restorations can be interrupted and resumed.

I do admit it isn’t as fast as it could be, but it is certainly very secure.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Another thing – once the import is complete, you will need to restore it. Right now it is just collecting the data, not downloading the images.

It does it this way so that you can review the import prior to actually affecting your new install.

Restoration is much quicker as it just downloads the images.

Also remember that once the restoration is complete, your images will be in queue to be processed – they will not show up under the products yet as they have been added to the site as if they are replacement images for your products. Accordingly, you need to run the scheduler (and keep refreshing it) to process all the images, or just put the scheduler… on schedule. It will do all the processing in the background.

I always recommend people go through the trouble of putting the scheduler in their system’s schedule as once you get over that hump, the system is really very automated.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Import went well. Review looked ok, restoration seemed to be ok.
    I set up the cron job and I guess some product page errors and wrong watermarks will be ironed out over time. I’ll keep you posted if I get stuck again.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Sounds good. If you want to explain what you mean by product page errors and wrong watermarks, let me know in case there is something on Symbiostock’s end that caused it.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Their is the error on product pages: “Warning: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in /…/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock/front-product-page.php on line 96”.

The next issue is that some images have the Symbiostock watermark, others have my custom watermark.
    I’ll send you a private message with login credentials.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Regarding the warning – don’t worry about that. You’re going to get warnings here and there but they don’t affect the site. You should always disable error reporting on live sites and only enable while you are debugging.

http://www.symbiostock.org/docs/disable-error-reporting/

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Resolved by reducing the number of images that get processed and also tweaking the processor to use less memory.

Thanks for bringing it up Redneck.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.