Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Steve
    Steve
    Participant

Symbiostock Lite Version 3.3.0
    Symbiostock Pro Version 3.2.0
    WooCommerce Version 3.2.6

My image processor URL (https://example.com.au/?c=x&ss_c=xxxxxx) only processes 1 image at a time.

Is there a way to increase the amount of images processed during 1 process?

Profile photo of mike1
    mike1
    Participant

Steve – I had the same problem and I believe one at a time is the norm. However, by creating a cron job in your website control panel and setting that to run every minute automatically you will soon get through a batch. I uploaded around 500 images recently and left the cron job running all night – all done in the morning. I switch off the cron job when not in use as it is liable to slow the site down I’m told.

If you’re not familiar with cron jobs there are some instructions on the image processing section of Documentation – or let me know and I can help you.

Profile photo of Steve
    Steve
    Participant

Thanks Mike,

I’ve set up the cron job in cPanel, and I’ll wait and see.

Cheers.

Profile photo of mike1
    mike1
    Participant

Are you in the UK Steve? Just interested!

Profile photo of Steve
    Steve
    Participant

Perth, Western Australia, Mike.

Profile photo of mike1
    mike1
    Participant

Ah – too far to pop in for a coffee to compare notes! Happy New Year………….

Profile photo of Steve
    Steve
    Participant

🙂

Have a Happy New Year too Mike

Profile photo of Steve
    Steve
    Participant

The cron is not processing new images into drafts.

Only manually running my processor links (https://example.com.au/?c=x&ss_c=xxxxxx) processes new images into drafts.

I copied the cron command from Symbiostock > Settings > System, and pasted into cpanel as a 1 minute interval job.

Profile photo of mike1
    mike1
    Participant

The only thing I can suggest Steve is that it can take a few minutes for the cron job to kick in. I find the same with the manual processor in “Settings”. I often find if uploading say a single or image or two it’s quicker to do it manually rather than edit the cron job. Manually can sometimes take several goes to open a page that says “1 image processed” etc.

Maybe leave the cron job running for say 15 minutes and then have a look?

Also – just a thought – images must be FULLY edited (as opposed to “quick edit”) the first time and assigned a category, otherwise they don’t don’t show up

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Also – just a thought – images must be FULLY edited (as opposed to “quick edit”) the first time and assigned a category, otherwise they don’t don’t show up

This is not true. Images must just be published to show up on the front end. Quick edit and full edits make no difference.

If it is manually running but not running via the cron then your cron is either not triggering, or it is triggering in an environment with insufficient memory or resources. If it is running manually then the processor is definitely working.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Also Steve – you should upgrade your Symbiostock versions – you are also running a version of WooCommerce that is not thoroughly tested and supported with Symbiostock.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.