Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Angie Makes
    Angie Makes
    Participant

I just uploaded and installed my SSL certificate to my new Symbiostock account inside the cPanel. When attempting to assign my certificate to one of my domains, I received a notice saying that I do not have a dedicated IP address. How do I add a dedicated IP address to my hosting plan? I do not see an option on how to add a dedicated IP address on my own.

Thanks for your help.

Profile photo of Dawn
    Dawn
    Keymaster

Hi Angie,

We don’t offer dedicated IPs, however we provide free SSL certificates for our hosting clients and for these you do not require a dedicated IP address. Our SSL certificates are perpetual, 100% compatible with all browsers and as secure as any other SSL.

To install your free SSL certificate, login to your CPanel and follow these instructions:

1)    Click on ‘Let’s Encrypt for cPanel’ under Security

2)    Under ‘Issue new Certificate’ choose the domain you wish to add SSL to and click on ‘Issue Single’

3)    On the next page click ‘Issue’

That’s it! SSL should now be active on that domain and you should see a secure icon when you visit it from your favorite browser. Each certificate issued in this manner expires within 6 months, however the system automatically renews it on your behalf.

These instructions are also available at the bottom of our Installation Guide:

http://www.symbiostock.com/setup-installation-guide

Let us know if you require further assistance!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Also note that the SSL certificate will not successfully issue unless your domain points to the Symbiostock Hosting server, so make sure you update your nameservers and it has propagated before creating your free SSL certificate.

Profile photo of Angie Makes
    Angie Makes
    Participant

Should I be concerned with this Notice when assinging my SSL to my domain:

You do not have a dedicated IP address. As a result, web browsers that do not support <abbr title=”Server Name Indication”>SNI</abbr> will probably give false security warnings to your users when they access any of your SSL websites. Microsoft® Internet Explorer™ on Windows XP™ is the most widely used web browser that does not support SNI.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hi Angie,

SNI is a very standardized protocol and all the Symbiostock platform sites (even this one) use the same SSL system that your site will use. We’ve never encountered an issue yet. That warning not relevant to your day to day activities.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.