Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of FCarentz
    FCarentz
    Participant

Hello Symbiostock!

My name is Frank. So far symbiostock has been more than easy to use so kudos. I do however have a setup question for you.

If I want to have different extensions available based on the license type chosen on a product and only serve that file after purchase, how do I go about this?

For instance… Blogger license gets a low res smaller web image
    Extended gets a High Res full size image
    EPS get a vector type image.

How do I get these images uploaded and attached to the same product? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Good questions!

Firstly, you can’t choose the file type arbitrarily –

a) If it is a JPEG, it will always be delivered as a JPEG, whether it is resized or full

b) If it is a PNG, it will always be delivered as a PNG, whether it is resized or full, preserving alpha layers

c) If it is anything else in the form of a raster, it will be delivered as its original file type for the full, unaltered size, and as a JPEG for resized versions.

d) If it is a vector of any type, it will be delivered as a JPEG if resized and as its original vector file (EPS, etc) as full, unaltered.

The good news is you don’t have to upload different versions – Symbiostock resizes, converts, and delivers the correct version once it is purchased. All you have to do is setup the licenses:

http://www.symbiostock.org/docs/category/2-media-licensing/

The key here is the “sell unaltered” checkbox. If you click this, when a customer picks that license, they will get the original file you uploaded. They will also get the original file if the resolution of that license is higher than the resolution of the image, given it is a raster image.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.