Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ozgurcoskun
    ozgurcoskun
    Participant

Hello,

What is the simplest way to implement my Google Analytics account at the site?

I see couple places; One place at the top “All in one SEO”

Other one is Symbio Express/Express Settings.

Also I see other plug ins available.

I enter my tracking ID into Symbio express settings and not getting any data.

Thanks in advance.

StockRaphy Family Owned Stock Photography, Direct From The Artis

Profile photo of innerstock
    innerstock
    Participant

Hi! See Robin´s answer in this post: http://www.symbiostock.org/forums/topic/seo-plugins/

(I have my google tracking id in Symbiostock Express, and it works.)

I used Goggle Analytics Dasboard for WP until a couple of days ago. Great working plugin, but I deactivated it. Perhaps it is slowing my site? Anyway I can check directly on Goggle Analytics official website!

I also wonder if I should turn on Symbiostock Express SEO?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Ozgur,

I would follow what Cristina recommends and put your analytics ID in the Symbiostock Express settings. Give it a day or two to populate. If after a few days it still does not start feeding you data, let me know. Also, let me know after you’ve added it and I’ll check your site to ensure the tracking code is visible.

As for SEO, I would recommend not using the Symbiostock Express SEO. Just try to use one SEO program, whether it be All in One, Yoast, or the Add Meta Tags one. As these are all third party systems I can’t provide expertise advice on it, but right now I am using Add Meta Tags on my site.

If you see any other popular plugins you’d like in Symbiostock PLUS, just let me know and I’ll look into it as well.

ozgurcoskun
    Participant

Thank you Innerstock and Robin,

Yes, Google Analytics start to show up.

I activated the Yoast to use it but have no idea how to claim my setting for Alexa, Bing, Google and Yandex to do SEO.

Tried to ftp one of Alexa site html code

Also I cannot access to available tools to claim my site to let those sites know. https://support.alexa.com/hc/en-us/articles/200081219-How-do-I-claim-a-WordPress-blog-

Is there any other way to show them its my site?

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Ozgur,

Thanks for bringing that up. I’ll look into this. Right now the Alexa claim plugin that they have released does not seem to work properly:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/alexa-internet/installation/

So I will have to figure something out in that regard.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Ozgur – okay, the best way to claim sites is using meta tag authentication. You can add custom meta tags using most of the SEO tools.

For example, using the Add Meta Tags plugin, if you go to Settings > Metadata, you can add custom metadata there.

This works for Google Webmaster Tools, and I assume for Alexa as well, but let me know if they don’t offer metadata authentication. You can stick any code in there and it will appear in the header.

Most of these third party sites should work through this mechanism. And you probably only have to enable it, authenticate it, then remove that code once it is authenticated.

ozgurcoskun
    Participant

Duh, It was in-front of me I missed because I was expecting something more complicated.

Everything works fine now. Alexa, Bing, Google, Yandex All of them will be showing my site first page #1 result by morning.

Thank you being quick and patient.

I guess now time to enter meaningful words to Page Title and description of SEO options in the pages.

I did enter %%excerpt%% in to SEO–>Titles and Metas–>Post Types–> and under all of the Meta description template.

Still does not show the <title>meta description in the product page…

Thanks again

Ozgur Coskun

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

I see:

<title>StockRaphy Stock Photography</title><meta name=”descriptioncontent=”StockRaphy Family Owned Stock Photography
    Stock Photography “>

in your source code, so it looks like both tags are there. Regarding the meta description, I’ve found that keyword stuffing it and repeating the title does not work as well as writing an english language description as if describing the page to a visitor, so check around the non-product pages, like your main page, and personalize those fields to maximize your search engine visibility.

Also, your licenses are still not ordered it appears – you need to do this under Symbiostock -> Licenses. If you do it on the product edit page, it will only affect that product.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

You’re right with the product pages – it is not populating it properly. Let me look into why.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Looks like you have Yoast and Add Meta Tags running at the same time – although it may be possible to run them both at the same time, they are both going to try to alter your titles and meta tags, so you may have to figure out how to run them both at the same time or choose one.

Cristina, for example, is using Add Meta Tags:

http://innerstock.com/media/repsol-plans-to-prospect-for-oil/

And the content is showing up perfectly. So you can ask her too how to accomplish this.

ozgurcoskun
    Participant

I made changes to licenses, removed the repeating title, removed the Add Meta Tags. Only with Yoast still title did not show product description.

Removed the Yoast and added Add Meta Tags, I will use the Add Meta Tags. I’m looking in to tweaking it. Let see how they will show up after configuration, Lemme know if there is  any trick to it.

Thank you guys!!!

ozgurcoskun
    Participant

Removed Set title information in SymbioStock Express–>Advanced Settings–>Set Title

Title started to show with product title and site name.

But I kept SymbioStock Express–> Advanced Settings –>Set Description the way it is….

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

So now your title and descriptions on the product pages look good. The only problem is you have another meta description showing up that says:

StockRaphy Family Owned Stock Photography Direct From the Artist

So look through your settings to find out where this may be because you don’t want Google to use that as your meta description on every page.

ozgurcoskun
    Participant

<span style=”color: #272727; font-family: Arial; font-size: 14px; line-height: 27px;”>SymbioStock Express–> Advanced Settings –>Set Description information removed.</span>

Thank you!!!

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

I would suggest you remove all SEO content from within Symbiostock Express. That stuff is useful as a function if you have no other SEO plugins, but with Add Meta Tags and Yoast being superior, you should just avoid using it for any hard coded meta information.

Good stuff!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.