Tagged: download link missing, license, virtual product
January 15, 2019 at 11:22 am #33983
Completed a fresh install using recommended software requirements. Can upload files, thumbs created, etc. Seems to be working OK in that department. I have created a “free jpeg” license, copied attributes from another existing license and added a few extra settings (max width, keyword requirement). License shows in the list.
Problem is when I add the license as a variation, it shows in the backend list but I have to tick “downloadable” and “virtual” manually. After I click publish, the free license does not show as a choice in the dropdown. I had tested without using the keyword first and had the same results. Also, the variation shows as there but after leaving the product and coming back to it, it is missing. The product number also seems to increase each time I try to add it, which makes me think a sql issue?
— Why is the license not automagically adding “downloadable” and “virtual” as product choices?
— Why is the license not staying applied to the image after publish?
As I have not placed a sample order yet, this one might be trivial. I noticed the download links are blank under product variations. Going to guess these are generated on the fly after purchase?January 16, 2019 at 2:31 am #33993
Hi Anthony – you should not be manually adding licenses as variations to most images. Generally you want this automated. If you do want a license you can apply manually (the free one), under the license edit page you need to click “Exclude from auto-filtering” then save. Now if you add it to a product it should stay even after saving. Using this method, you may still have to enable the virtual and downloadable as manual license application, though possible, is generally not recommended.
Download links are generated by the processor (cron job) systematically and yes, all of that is managed by Symbiostock.January 16, 2019 at 9:36 am #33995
Thanks for the prompt response.
Made a setting or two change, waited for the processing and it worked.
A few things I missed, just adding for others who might stumble on this.
Under the new license I created I forgot to set the “apply to raster images” to “yes”, meaning it was skipping over the images.
Changed the “apply to editorial media” setting as this was the only ones I wanted to extend to free. The default is “no”, changed to “must be”.
Already had “required keywords” set to “any” with my comma separated list present.January 18, 2019 at 2:37 pm #34005
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.