Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jennifer
    Jennifer
    Participant

Fatal error: Call to undefined function exif_imagetype() in /home/jhampt09/public_html/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock/tools-imagemanipulation.php on line 410

I’m getting this error. Can someone tell me if this is a hosting issue and what I can do to fix it. I’m on a managed VPS so I’m thinking maybe I need to have something turned on in my VPS to get it working properly.

Fatal error: Call to

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Jennifer – welcome to the Symbiostock forum!

Do you know if you’re being hosted on a Windows machine?

http://php.net/manual/en/function.exif-imagetype.php

exif_imagetype is a built in PHP function that is used by Symbiostock when you don’t have Imagick enabled. 

I got this from the manual:

Windows users: If you get the fatal error “Fatal error:  Call to undefined function exif_imagetype()”, and you have enabled php_exif.dll, make sure you enable php_mbstring.dll. You must put mbstring before exif in the php.ini, i.e.:

extension=php_mbstring.dll
    extension=php_exif.dll

You can check whether this has worked by calling phpinfo() and searching for exif.

I suggest you let your host know and they should definitely be able to help you out.

Profile photo of Jennifer
    Jennifer
    Participant

I contacted my host and posted the error to them, the activated for me so it’s working great now. Thank you so much for giving me the info to plug in to them.

Jennifer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.