Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

Interesting – my first really big sale from my Symbiostock site – someone came along today and licensed an extended version of this image:

http://www.backyardstockphotos.com/image/surfboards-at-lumahai-beach-kauai-2/

for $35. The full size file is available for $4.99, but the buyer obviously understood that she needed more that the standard license.

A nice surprise that we are getting professional buyers willing to pay.

Steve

Profile photo of Dawn
    Dawn
    Keymaster

That is awesome! Wonderful! A win for you is a win for all of us! Thank you for sharing Steve 🙂

Profile photo of Imago Borealis
    Imago Borealis
    Participant

Hi Steve,

that is great news! I clicked the link to the image and landing on your product page for that image I noticed the GPS location seemed to be totally off. If it has been correct at some point in the past this might be due to the same GPS bug I reported here: GPS Bug? Hope that will help Robin tracking this one down…

Edit: Ooops, links don’t seem to work for me here in this forum. Wonder why…

So here it is in plain text: http://www.symbiostock.org/forums/topic/gps-bug/

Edit again: LOL, now THAT link worked.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Looks like Redneck’s point stands firm – contributors deciding what is best for their own collections is probably the best way to maximize revenue. Very happy to hear about your sale Steve, and it follows directly with our two-tenet philosophy regarding independent sites and Symzio being interchangeably equally important.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

On the GPS issue – I’m not sure that I would have put a GPS on this composite, but I’m not at home to check the original. In the media edit page, the GPS coordinate says: Warning: Illegal string offset ‘lat’ in /home/backya28/public_html/bsp/wp-content/plugins/symbiostock/admin-woo-product-edit-page.php on line 470

So, for now, I’m not sure if that was something I did.

Steve

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Hey Steveh,

When you get a chance, if you have any images where the GPS is not translating properly, email it to me so I can diagnose the issue.

Profile photo of Andre
    Andre
    Participant

Congrats! Good photo, BTW.

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

GPS issue has been fixed with 2.1.8. Was a minor issue relating to direction and quotes when a product was saved via the product edit page. You can force re-reading of the GPS via bulk edit and via editing the product to repair any weird results.

One of the easier ways to do this may be to sort your files by last modified and then bulk edit them and click the ‘re-check GPS’ checkbox.

Profile photo of steveh
    steveh
    Participant

One update on the pricing/license question. The lady in question emailed me to ask if she needed to buy anything else to use it on a college year book with 150 copies. Obviously she was less sure of what license she needed to buy and just bought the biggest one. They are planning to sell the year book and so perhaps Extended was the right license choice.

I asked her how she found the image – google search on surfboards, she saw this one and went through to the page on my website.

Purchase was very smooth and easy and she will recommend me to anyone needing similar images!

Steve

Profile photo of Robin
    Robin
    Keymaster

Fantastic – finding your site through Google search means that our independent sites and Symzio are potentially going to out-rank the big agencies for many keywords due to the highly effective SEO implementation. This is precisely how we are going to succeed – SEO and link juice.

With every new contributor that joins the fold, everyone else gets link juice: from their independent sites, to Symzio, to your contributor profile, to your independent site, and back to Symzio and other contributor sites.

We’ve done a lot of research, and you would be surprised to find out how much room there is to improve on the implementation a lot of these multi-million dollar agencies have when it comes to the technological application of their business. There is so much room for us to overtake if we just build a large enough community.

Look at Adobe Stock, for example – the infrastructure is so strange, that they start supporting video but don’t have the technological means of selling 4K videos.

Symzio on the other hand, with the Symbiostock video plugin, has the technological ability to not only deliver and watermark 4K videos, but 4K videos 5 minutes in length! That, in and of itself, is a big enough hook to revolutionize the entire stock footage market. Videos longer than a minute – what a novel idea!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.